Will two chinese boxe lights work on a 90 gallon?

23cnhit

Market
Reaction score
Maybe upgrading to a 90 gallon and was wondering if my 2 chinese box lights will be ok for coral and everything else? Any help and advice is appreciated.

Obviously spell check hasn't heard of Boxe either lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Torqued;1081637 wrote: Obviously spell check hasn't heard of Boxe either lol

Supposed to be boxes. Sorry. Not sure what you mean by nice either. Thanks Genesis.

Should be fine. I'd add a pair of T5s to help cover the sides though.

Thinking about running some t5's also. I am fairly new and not sure if the Chinese boxes are not programmed by me right or what, but the sps I have attempted to grow has not worked in my 42 gallon.

yea they should work just fine. ive seen some pretty nice tanks growing all kinds of stuff with them.
where do you have your whites and blues set and how long is your light cycle?

Picoreeefguy I have the cycle for 10 hours. I have to check at what they are set at. The intensity changes at different times. I will post it here. I would love to have advice on what I am probably doing wrong. Thanks

feel free to call me Brijesh (or pico which is what a lot of our members call me) if you'd like. and 10 hours seems pretty well in line with what most people do, so far so good. also if you could find out the wattage of the fixtures that would be helpful as well. or better yet if you have a link to the specific ones you are using that would be even more helpful

23cnhit;1081639 wrote: Supposed to be boxes. Sorry. Not sure what you mean by nice either. Thanks Genesis.
Nice was what my spell check changed Boxe to before I noticed it....

Torqued;1081678 wrote: Nice was what my spell check changed Boxe to before I noticed it....

ok, lol I was wondering.

Torqued;1081679 wrote: Can someone post a pic or link to these?

These are your pretty much standard reef lighting that will grow all types of coral without having to pay the higher price. There are many different options/brands and many offer different levels of control. I personally run them with t-5's supplementing and its a great combo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Dimmable-Full-Spectrum-LED-Aquarium-Light-Marine-Reef-Coral-SPS-LPS-Lamp-/251495773757?hash=item3a8e50f63d:g:K9QAAOSwll1WxmiD">http://www.ebay.com/itm/165W-Dimmable-Full-Spectrum-LED-Aquarium-Light-Marine-Reef-Coral-SPS-LPS-Lamp-/251495773757?hash=item3a8e50f63d:g:K9QAAOSwll1WxmiD</a>

[IMG]http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/scranton1140/media/image_zps6wjsrlgy.jpeg.html">[IMG]http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r756/scranton1140/image_zps6wjsrlgy.jpeg alt="" /></a>

Ahhh...that seems like a really great value, and with some t5s to supplement....that's pretty economical!

Torqued;1081696 wrote: Ahhh...that seems like a really great value, and with some t5s to supplement....that's pretty economical!

I have mine on a timer setup on my controller but there are more expensive options that have it built in and can ramp up/down time settings etc. like reefbreeders.

These are the ones I bought.

B00WJEP38O

WOW....You guys have made me do some reading on these things. I am now SERIOUSLY considering getting 2 of the 300w versions for my 180 build rather than spending over $1200 on 3 kessils. These seem like a hell of a value!!!!

The 3 Kessil 360we (basically the top of the line Kessil) are only 90w each, for a total of 180w of LED. Even if these are somehow more efficent conversion of watts to PAR, I cant imagine they are going to actually be better at total PAR output than 600w of LEDs....honestly I am not sure how I can talk myself OUT of getting these freggin MarsAqua lights now lol.

I also saw some videos on how to easily make these controllable via the Apex...

Someone talk me out of buying these lol

Torqued, being I bought the 165 watt, do you think I bought the wrong ones?

Back