Will two chinese boxe lights work on a 90 gallon?

23cnhit;1081751 wrote: Torqued, being I bought the 165 watt, do you think I bought the wrong ones?

I wouldnt say that...and given i know zero about your tank, I would never tell you that :).

Also that is such a relative statement. "wrong" is very situational...

For me, I intend to keep some high light critters, and I have a 24" deep tank. The 300w are not really more powerful, they just have more LEDs and are a longer fixture. So instead of buying 3x165, I figured it would work best to buy 2x300w, which together are about 62" long That would provide pretty significant coverage, have more total power, and be a bit more economical than buying several 165w fixtures. So the 300w just makes more sense for my tank IMO.

I am still very much on the fence though on what lights to run...for a number of reasons I am waffling

I understand, and I thank you for your advice. I have alot to learn about all this and am willing to be taught. Thanks

I've been looking at black boxes for my 220 in-wall, MarsAqua in particular. I'm planning on 3 165w, one over each 2'X2' section and running a set of 80w T5's in the front and back. I already have the T5's, they're LET retrofits. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Mars but I saw some threads on R2R about a newer version from a company called SB Reef Lights. I'm looking at their https://sbreeflights.com/sbox-reef-lights/1-sbox-basic.html">SBOX 16" Basic.</a> On their FB page they say that they will be releasing an Apex ready model very soon. That has me really interested. But I'm wondering if it's going to be worth the extra $35 per unit over the Mars.

Take a look at the spectrum their using. do you guys think the true UV is good? That and they say the heatsink is thicker and they use different lenses based on the type of LED.

Back