Winter Temp Swing

rdnelson99;1006792 wrote: Amps times volts gives you watts so at 120 volt it can handle up to 1800 wats across all outlets. Each outlet can carry 5 amps at 120 volts so that would be 600 watts on each outlet.

Oh... Now I get it

So I should look at 2 - 500W heaters.

Thanks amigos. I'll probably get one for now since I have a 300W. Poor thing is working it butt off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 300 one one outlet and a 150 on another. If the 300 can't keep up the 150 kicks in. My tank is cornered by two exterior walls, one of which has floor to ceiling windows and my temp has not fluctuated more than a degree.

My tank would have 2-3 degree swings some days never hurt a thing. The whole .5 - 1 degreee setting people use on the controllers is what burns their heaters up so soon. That constant cycling kills elements.

I threw another 150w heater in my 90 last night (3 total) and it kept the temp where I wanted it.

Mine dropped yesterday to 76 as well and my apex kept crying to me since I have my low temp alert to 76.5. I have about 600w or so of heaters in my tank but it couldn't keep it above my 76.5 limits. My tank is also in my basement which shares a wall with my garage and the door to my basement is right next to the garage door leading to the house. I notice it was pretty cold by the garage door so I closed the basement door last night and now temps are at 77.2 again. I guess that solved it for me.

Back