Would you do it

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Hey I am slowly becoming a reef nerd more and more day by day. I find myself researching corals with every moment of my free time, it’s becoming an addiction..... now on to my question. I will pulling the trigger on one of these guys in the next coming weeks but which one? I have become obsessed with jawbreaker mushrooms i will be purchasing one outside the two listed below for a far greater bargain but I can’t stop looking at these things. One is far more colorful then the other and is 3x the cost of the other but is quite the eye catcher. My question finally is do you guys think it’s worth the ROA? I mean how often do these guys spawn? Is it a lengthy wait as far as waiting for the other colors outside of the main color to show themselves? 295FD743-89DF-4B80-BF76-778476613E15.jpeg28028313-7096-4A24-A1AE-764BC01E57A3.png

Could I really expect the Electus to look like the picture though? I wouldn’t mind the price if actually get what I’m looking at, that’s why I like to purchase coral in person versus online

Probably yes. That is generally what eclectus look like. I wouldn’t spend that much on one; I got my old one for $150 and it was bigger, but the photo seems well balanced.

Brandon is local and I’m sure you could go by in person to make a purchase.
Been to Brandon's (Coral Shop) on multiple occasions (haven't been since he moved though). He's got great stuff. I'd definitely send him a message and see if you can arrange a visit. He's always given me better deals on local pickups since it saves him from dealing with shipments that can and do go wrong.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

And to add on to what dball said, he has some beautiful pieces. He has a melting crayola chalice I would love to have down the road. I can't wait to go check out his shop, I've only seen his pics.

And to add on to what dball said, he has some beautiful pieces. He has a melting crayola chalice I would love to have down the road. I can't wait to go check out his shop, I've only seen his pics.
I’ve view his website many of times I’m very much interested in his Neptune bounces

I hate to be "that guy".
If I'm wrong forgive me, but your OP appears that you're fairly new to corals.
Heres the thing: don't spend big money for expensive corals if you're still cutting your teeth. I know its fun, but it isn't wise.
Grab some pretty digitatas, a few caps, or even some decently priced hammers.
If the cheap corals won't live past 6 months, nether will the expensive ones.
Then again, maybe you do have it down, so knock ya self out :)

I told myself no expensive corals for the first 18months . Seems to me it takes a yr really get your tank and system dialed in . Little changes , hidden expenses, algae out breaks all cost money and time and unfortunately it also cost some tank inhabitants lives . I have spent the last several months figuring out what corals like my tank. Euphyllia and Yuma mushrooms do great , ricordia do ok but are slow growers . Goniopora, alveopora are low success species for me . SPS of any kind struggles . My advice is see what grows well for you before trying to make a financial investment .

Not to say it won't be a full success with out any problems but the odds of that are pretty low .

I hate to be "that guy".
If I'm wrong forgive me, but your OP appears that you're fairly new to corals.
Heres the thing: don't spend big money for expensive corals if you're still cutting your teeth. I know its fun, but it isn't wise.
Grab some pretty digitatas, a few caps, or even some decently priced hammers.
If the cheap corals won't live past 6 months, nether will the expensive ones.
Then again, maybe you do have it down, so knock ya self out :)
I am pretty new to the whole thing, coming up on a year pretty soon but I’m not into Digitata, but I can see me getting on euphillia

Back