Wow, wow.....WOW!

kwl1763;174592 wrote: It looks like a real reef. You don't see many bare spots on a reef crest. Just corals fighting it out! Now I agree some do overstock and never let their corals grow big but this one is very nice in my opinion. Full but full of big colonies not 6" things stufffed in there.

Agreed......but, the only thing i'll disagree about is that typical there isnt 80 species of coral so closely packed. It is 1,2,3 maybe 4 species fighting it out.

Money is nice and being close to the ocean is nice.

it kinda reminds me of something a europena hobbyist once told me. He said that yellow tangs are very desired in eruope and command a huge price. When I told him they were a dime a dozen over here, he was shocked. Hawaii is essentially our "backyard", so we get them freely (and relatively cheaply). However, to get them to Europe is much trickier, so it is mucho $$$$.

Living in Singapore most certainly allows him to get some primo pieces without much issue.

I think it is an amazing reef but would rather have less coral so I could get rid of some of the wave boxes.

Did I just say I would rather have less corals. That does not sound like me but I going to stick with it. Way to many power heads, looks like a commercial for Tunze. I love the rimless tank though.

Joe

- Six Giesemann MEGACHROME Marine 400-watt single-ended 12K MH bulbs
- Eight Giesemann T5 39-watt Actinic Plus bulbs
- Four URI VHO 140-watt Actinic Blue bulbs

thats going to be the lighting for my next tank. i love the way he made the canopy for the tank

I really enjoyed reading your comments over here about Ching's tank. It's a beauty, that's for sure.

In case you didn't know it, that pygmy angel is really expensive. I found one site selling it for $1100. As a juvenile, the colors are stunning. Unfortunately once it matures into an adult, those colors change to a look I don't like. Not that I could afford that fish, I would have loved to imagine it in my tank. I guess I'll have to do that and only visualize it as a juvenile for life. ;)

melev;175525 wrote: I really enjoyed reading your comments over here about Ching's tank. It's a beauty, that's for sure.

In case you didn't know it, that pygmy angel is really expensive. I found one site selling it for $1100. As a juvenile, the colors are stunning. Unfortunately once it matures into an adult, those colors change to a look I don't like. Not that I could afford that fish, I would have loved to imagine it in my tank. I guess I'll have to do that and only visualize it as a juvenile for life. ;)
Hey Mark- Almost every fish in that tank is really expensive. The Interruprus regularly go for $1000ish like you said, the gem tang is typically $3000-$5000, Black tang $500 easy, respendant angel (which you cant even get anymore) $500 easy (when they were available, probably thousands now), rhomboids, the list goes on. For a fish junky, that is a very nice tank for that reason alone, let alone the corals. Which fish are you reffering to that changes colors? I dont thing either of those pygmy change color notably from juvenile to adult.

That tank has actually stimulated me to add more flow to my tank, as I guess it really is true you cant have too much!

Back