WTF is this? Id needed.

I highly recommend removing it! I don't know if it eats acrylic but when I saw it run for the big hole in my overflow, adios alien slug!

Thanks Chau. :)

I think I'll have to err on the side of caution and remove it as my tank is indeed acrylic...

interesting that I haven't seen mine for like a month or 2, and here it is last night. That looks the same to me, but a little hard to tell.

I asked Ron Shimek about it, and he stated:

Hi Ralph, Yup, it looks like Cryptoplax</em> to me. Don't worry about trying to find "perfect" matches to any given image. These animals are individuals and the coloration can vary a lot from animal to animal. By the by, it is a small one, they reach lengths that can exceed 10 cm (4 inches).

and my response:

Thanks!

at this point he has been pretty "harmless", but would you suggest that I have him removed so he doesn't rasp my overflow, silicone, or enter my pumps?
Ralph

and his:

Hi Ralph,
I really see no reason to remove it. If it seems to become a problem, it can be removed then, but odds are great that it will not do any harm whatsoever.

Cheers, Ron

Ahh... I do seem to remember that now that you mention it. I've been hunting him the last few nights to no avail. I may have to remove a few rocks to get him. Good to see you around again :).

Back