Xenia Gone Wild - What Do You Do?

My struggle is where to put them.
Sand bed. On an island. Lower flow.

If you do those three it will stay there and just stretch out runners onto the sand that you can easily clip off when you want to trim it a bit.

I was surprised when bobby told me the pom pom was dropping frags around his tank because I had them isolated on a rock for years in my last display. I can see from his photo that it's getting a ton of flow...

Yep - my gyre doesn't leave any dead spots (it's overpowered for a 90 gal), and likely contributes to them spreading.

Yah if there's no relatively low/mediumish flow spot anywhere on your sand bed the island thing just doesn't work. :(

Oh dear . . . I DO hope those aren’t the pieces I gave to Jin to give away at one of the swaps last year. Because if they are, they come from VERY healthy stock. And I need to purge, err, trim some from my tank again.

Has anyone tried a Xenia fuge? If it worked I’d much rather put this down there than the devil chaeto that is determined to choke all my pumps and power heads.

Oh dear . . . I DO hope those aren’t the pieces I gave to Jin to give away at one of the swaps last year. Because if they are, they come from VERY healthy stock. And I need to purge, err, trim some from my tank again.

Has anyone tried a Xenia fuge? If it worked I’d much rather put this down there than the devil chaeto that is determined to choke all my pumps and power heads.

If it is - "healthy" is certainly a way to describe it.

It went from two small stalks that Jin gave me to that rock covered in a month. Dropping babies all over like it's pollen season.

They mixed together on the left side of the tank, there's two different types. I stopped the gyre to take these. The right side rock is mixed in with mushroom corals... big oops.

View attachment 22544. View attachment 22543
I have pulsing Xenia in my frag tank and was advised not to put into display because it’s basically a weed. Too bad because it is so pretty. Maybe I will eventually put it in my FOWLR tank and the non coral safe fish can keep it in check

Back