Yellow Coris

MiggidyMike

Supporting
Reaction score
Ok Guys, I have a Sixline wrasse. Just bought Yellow and White Coris. I have a 125G. I thought the tank would be big enough. Lol so, the Yellow is getting beat up. Now, what do y’all think I should do? Should I get rid of the Sixline and add a smaller one? I am not against buying another Yellow Coris. Or should I get a different wrasse that could live with them?

That would depend on your goal. But Six Lines are notorious for being bullies against most other fish.

So if your goal is a peaceful tank, or to have another wrasse such as a coris, then I’d say the best course of action in order to reach that goal is get rid of the bully.

I would give it some time. That tank is big enough that the yellow coris should be able to hide or get out of the way. But six lines are notoriously territorial.

So a smaller Sixline will still be a bully. Eventually. Another yellow would not spread the beating enough? Hmm... Ok, I will try both advice. Keep bully a little longer to see what happens and get trap ready. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also implement many strategies to reduce aggression.

However, your course of action should be dependent upon your goal. That is why I suggest first identifying what is your goal. It should go without saying; be honest and concrete with yourself.

My goal is to have more creatures to eat bad creatures. And the wrasses swim so dag nabbit cute lol and get an even bigger tank lol

Well, you landed on exactly why I absolutely love both of the wrasses we're discussing here. 5 days is till fairly new and I'd bet the 6 line will settle down, some. They're always bullies but the yellow coris will eventually establish a home base in the tank figure out how the best get away from the 6 line when required. There should be plenty of room in a 125g tank for both to figure it out. Worse case, trap the 6 line and give him a time out is a separate tank for a week or two. This can have the effect of adding the 6 line after the yellow coris. Sounds to me like your goal it to keep both of these two fish and I think a little time will help reach that goal.

Side note: Make sure you have a good lid. Both of these species are world renowned carpet surfers and when one of them is new, the risk is even higher.

Haha thanks, I just received my gift card from Arc meeting. I’m going to go get another wrasse to make it a threesome lol

I like that trap a release idea. I built my own traps and the Sixline always falls for them lol

Built your own traps. Do you have pictures or posted in another thread?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back