yellow stripe clowns?

1mbrews8

Market
Reaction score
ok, i picked up 2 yellow stripe clowns the other day from 2 diff stores. one is deff a yellow stripe. i got the other, because i wanted to introduce 2 at the same time but his stripes are not as yellow as the other. he sure does have yellow on his stripes (mainly on the head one), but from farther away, they look pretty white. also his stripe in the middle doesn't connect (misbarred?). they got along fine at first, but are now starting to fight. do reg clows have any yellowish color on their stripes at some point in their lice? the deffinate yellow is the bigger of the 2 (female i think). what do u guys think?

yes, gold/yellow stripe maroon clowns. the one was alone (the bigger one ~2.5-3") and the smaller (~2-2.5") white + yellow was with several other reg maroons. i didn't know if they had misbarred gold maroons? they got along great for the first day or so, i just want to make sure they won't kill each other. they are in a 150g tank with 200lbs lr.

they have misbarred GSM clowns it happens often and can often be very attractive. GSM clowns start as a purple(sometimes even orange) with white bars that eventually will turn a deep gold with a maroon body. There is a good chance the dominant fish will kill the less dominant fish so you must watch them. Often it is a good idea to use a kritter cage or breeder cage inside the main display to keep the two seperated until they are aquainted. Sometimes you can pair them up instantly sometimes weeks sometimes never.

Back