Yellow Tang discussion

Pure Reef. Yes, it is about 3 inches in length now. I have never shopped at Nemos.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Online they cost more too. See picture.
7592c88fa0c047774743240b46717cdb.jpg

Pure Reef. Yes, it is about 3 inches in length now. I have never shopped at Nemos.

That explains that then. Pure reef is great but in my opinion they are very high on things. Mostly due to the area that they are in.

They jumped up once before and came back down. I honestly don't think they will be able to keep charging that for a yellow tang.... At least that is my opinion and I am def no expert.

$40-60 has been in line with my experience as well. But definitely higher prices for large (e.g. maybe ~$100 for 6-7”) individuals.

but yeah, I’ve also seen the prices fluctuating up and down repeatedly.

looks like the current online price for a ~3”, is $89 on LiveAquaria (and down to $60 on a couple other websites). I think the $150 website screenshot posted is on the high end.

Last edited:
Once Hawaii cuts all netting there will be fewer and fewer of these available. Prices will continue to climb.
I do like the color they bring to a tank but I've never been a fan due to their A-hole personalities.

Once Hawaii cuts all netting there will be fewer and fewer of these available. Prices will continue to climb.
I do like the color they bring to a tank but I've never been a fan due to their A-hole personalities.
Agreed and personally they are just to common for me. I'd rather have a different A-hole with a little more color if I am going with something like this.

Agreed and personally they are just to common for me. I'd rather have a different A-hole with a little more color if I am going with something like this.
In a couple years or less they won't be as common any more... not unless ORA or someone similar can breed them.

My yang has nlt had any issues with anyone in my tank. The only thing it does not like is ay night it does mot like anyone in its sleeping area.

Just a placeholder for people to continue chatting about yellow tangs. And not disrupt @Sbear123’s post

Back