Yellow Tang discussion

Ya sorry about that. We kind of high jacked your thread lol. Well if nothing else it keep it up top so people know you have a tang for sale! :-D Someone buy this man's tang!

Yeah, let's hope they do not ignore since others sell for less. All well, guess we will see.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Lol, I agree. Even if it’s not the cheapest, It’s totally reasonable.

I’d say the price seems to be fluctuating between $40-60 over the last couple months... more and more it trends towards $60 and there are many places online that are posting for $80-90 now.

every picture ive seen of a biota yellow tang the color on them just seems less yellow then wild caught maybe its just my eyes does anyone else notice this?

every picture ive seen of a biota yellow tang the color on them just seems less yellow then wild caught maybe its just my eyes does anyone else notice this?
I've noticed it - and the lateral line typically is more pronounced. But I'd totally buy captive bred if they were available, regardless of price. Same with any tang, really.

That’s good to know!

To stay optimistic; at least this is a step in the right direction! I’m sure others will get them to breed eventually, and we can widen the genetic pool.

Getting tangs to breed is very difficult. If you've seen any TV shows that have footage you'll know why. I'm surprised anyone has been able to do it.

I wonder if they are able to milk the males and females to fertilize the eggs outside the tank.

A Series of Unfortunate Events, with Jim Carrey, is an underrated movie IMO. He is a riot... plus Meryl Streep and Billy Connolly are always great!

A number of years ago 40-60 was the range. Now 60 is a good deal. Its impossible to get small ones anymore due to the nonsense restrictions they put in place in Hawaii. That means that on top of a reduced a supply the supply is also mostly bigger tangs. I seem them going for 80 pretty regularly nowadays

That explains that then. Pure reef is great but in my opinion they are very high on things. Mostly due to the area that they are in.
Back in the 90’s, I worked at a hardware store in a rich neighborhood. I visited a sister store about 9 miles away in an average neighborhood. The same item at the sister store was a lot cheaper then that same item at my store. It opened my eyes at an early age to shop at the average neighborhood store.
-wannabee

Back