you ever couldnt leave well enough alone?

qasimja

Market
Reaction score
yesterday while cleaning the algae from my glass and cleaning my powerhead guards on my icecap 3ks and general tank maintenance stuff i decided i would try to mess with the flow on my gyres facing the cages more towards the surface and further down the side was kinda close to the top well i woke up this morning to the sand on the back wall of my tank being pushed all over the place so i can see the bottom glass lol i got the problem corrected any of you ever mess with something when it was working fine before you messed with it and screwed it up?

yesterday while cleaning the algae from my glass and cleaning my powerhead guards on my icecap 3ks and general tank maintenance stuff i decided i would try to mess with the flow on my gyres facing the cages more towards the surface and further down the side was kinda close to the top well i woke up this morning to the sand on the back wall of my tank being pushed all over the place so i can see the bottom glass lol i got the problem corrected any of you ever mess with something when it was working fine before you messed with it and screwed it up?
Well I don't know what I did different with my last water change but something is off with my tank. I have never had diatoms or what I believe to be diatoms and now it's showing up. So I'm going to do another water change today.

All the time but without experimenting we never learn anything new. I'm into full scale research with my tanks...

I remember having a tank with one return and a single lock pipe. I thought... Man it would be cool if I installed a split lock pipe so I could spread out the flow but there was nothing wrong with the single. Any ways I got it hooked up tried it out for a second and walked away. I came back 15 minutes later to water all over the floor cuz I didn't make sure everything was correctly in place. It looked like 10 gallons of water was just dumped out took forever to clean up. In the end I didn't even like the split pipe anyway:p

Back