You know what I really hate?

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
Putting in new sand and all the dust. So… how do y’all rinse it prior to putting it in?
Just looking for fresh ideas:!
B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fill a 5 gallon bucket half way up and stick a garden hose in to the bottom. Flush and stir till the water runs clear. Lather, rinse and repeat.

i rinse it before i put it in the tank to get rid of the dust

so is tap ok to use for this ? just don't want junk leeching into the system :)

Fill a 5 gallon bucket half way up and stick a garden hose in to the bottom. Flush and stir till the water runs clear. Lather, rinse and repeat.
AHHHH but the secret to this method is to add the water hose to the bottom BEFORE filling the bucket with sand... (caresses my beard and looks smart)

so is tap ok to use for this ? just don't want junk leeching into the system :)
Yes it is. I do a quick RO rinse at the end. You could also just use prime or a conditioner too. The amount of water carryover is minimal if you drain it well. It's also just a one time thing.
I did it with the several hundred pounds in my display.

AHHHH but the secret to this method is to add the water hose to the bottom BEFORE filling the bucket with sand... (caresses my beard and looks smart)
Once you turn the water on push the hose to the bottom. It'll blast through.

I use a bucket that I drilled towards the bottom on the side and put in a uniseal and the ran pvc into bucket and 90 down and I just connect garden hose to it with a ball valve and you can pour sand in while running. Same concept as Adam but I'm lazy and don't want to hold the hose. I just use old pvc stuff I have laying around to make it.

Done! Woot… I have a beach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back