ZEOvit

harleyguy

Market
Reaction score
I have heard a ton of stuff about this stuff, and was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with it? I'm thinking of trying the system on my new 60 gallon cube. Is it worth the big $$ and what affect does it have on the Marine life like fish and shrimp? Can you still run UV and Ozone with it? These are just a few or the plethora of questions I have....

One of our members, SuaSati, runs Zeovit. He's tried probidio and says zeo is better... I don't use either, but his tank is the standard by which I measure mine and I'm not even close yet... :sad:

I'm seriously thinking of doing it. Starting from scratch with a new tank seems like a great place to start and I guess that's where I'll start... LOL :D

I'm an idiot.. lol But I do make myself smile :D

The thing is I have been looking at their reactors and they really don't make one small enough for my tank... If I use the smallest one they have it will have be less than half hull of media, although I don't guess this really matters....

Your setting up a 60g cube too? You know you are going to have ARC members living at your house with these two tanks right?

I had to have something to put my Picasso's and Flame tip anemone in...

FYI addicts always have to justify what they do

If you decide to use, I have a used reactor you can purchase. I am very happy with how it worked on my 100, so I decided to use it as well on my 300.

I'm going to have to pick you brain on this one... I think I want to do it... No that's wrong... I am going to do it, it just looks very complicated...

What size reactor is it? 1.5L, 2.5L???

With my size tank I will only need about 0.7L of Media.. so a small reactor will be fine. I hear that Eric (ZEOvit) is coming out with some new reactors very soon as well.

Shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Shane

I've got an idea... maybe we can get a bunch of other people on here interested in the ZEOvit program and we can do a group purchase... :D

It is a 1.5 L rated but I think only 1L will fill in right, you want to leave some room on the top. it will be ok for .7L. It does require meticulous care, cause it will be unforgiving if you slack on the routine.

dawgdude;148842 wrote: What is this ZEOvit and is there an article I can read on it somewhere?

http://www.zeovit.co.nz/">http://www.zeovit.co.nz/</a>

Check out the ZEOvit Guide PDF. This will give you a good idea of what it is about. In a nutshell ZEOvit creates a low nutrient environment naturally. This can make corals like SPS and LPS really POP with color. Some of the brightest, most colorful tanks I have ever seen use ZEOvit.

To answer some of my own questions, you should not use, UV, Ozone, or a Refugium with ZEOvit (the use of these things can be counterproductive)

:eek:fftopic: Dawg, did you get your new sweet tank set up??? when ya going to share some pictures??? Stingy... LOL

I think premium aquatics is running a big sale on this stuff if you do decide to try it out.

Ya, right now it's 20% off, but I don't want to order any of it until I get home. Some of it has a shelf life and and has to be refrigerated. I have been surfing the prices on it and it looks fairly much the same everywhere. If it's a little more expensive at this site they offer free shipping and so on. I wish we had a local guy to sell ZEOvit... TIM are you here???

Back