Zoa Pox

MarquiseO;989311 wrote: You can use either but your quarantine will be a tank of its own once you start. No more tank water introduction to that tank. Make sure you remove every bit of zoanthids/palythoas.

Will do i did 3 treatments of furan 2 they look stressed but opening. Im going to give them a day or 2 before i dose the ciprofloxacin.

this is what i read...
http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/67712-better-alternative-furan-dipping-zoa-pox-other-infections.html">http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/67712-better-alternative-furan-dipping-zoa-pox-other-infections.html</a>

this is what i bought will this work?
[IMG]http://www.ebay.com/itm/151038425404?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT">Fish Flex Forte 30ct Cephalexin 500 MG | eBay</a>

jrhunter0000;989312 wrote: Will do i did 3 treatments of furan 2 they look stressed but opening. Im going to give them a day or 2 before i dose the ciprofloxacin.

For the ciprofloxacin, cut it in half and use 250mg a day. Look forward to about 2 weeks to be safe, otherwise, you will be doing this battle over and over.

MarquiseO;989314 wrote: For the ciprofloxacin, cut it in half and use 250mg a day. Look forward to about 2 weeks to be safe, otherwise, you will be doing this battle over and over.

dammit i ordered the wrong stuff... i read a article said to use.

I'm not sure about Celph. I treat my yumas with ciprofloxacin which has been very effective. The one you meant to get was Fish Flox Forte.

MarquiseO;989317 wrote: I'm not sure about Celph. I treat my yumas with ciprofloxacin which has been very effective. The one you meant to get was Fish Flox Forte.

i guess ill just keep going with furan 2

That Reef2Reef post outlining the use of cephalexin is what I followed when the Furan2 method didn't work out. Time did not afford me the option to do a dip every 12 hours, but extending the regimen an extra few days at 1 dip per 24 hours worked well in my case.

But I'll bet cipro's just as effective, just don't have any personal experience using it or know how harsh it may be on your zoas. In any regard, I suspect the much of the polyp losses reported in any dip regimen are more due to water parameter shock than anything else - use water drawn from whatever tank they're used to (i.e. not freshly mixed as the instructions state) once your quarantine begins and you should be OK in that regard.

I was under the impression that palythoa were immune, but nowadays any large zoas are sold as palythoas so I guess you're better off doing the lot of 'em as Marquisio suggests.

BulkRate;989357 wrote: That Reef2Reef post outlining the use of cephalexin is what I followed when the Furan2 method didn't work out. Time did not afford me the option to do a dip every 12 hours, but extending the regimen an extra few days at 1 dip per 24 hours worked well in my case.

But I'll bet cipro's just as effective, just don't have any personal experience using it or know how harsh it may be on your zoas. In any regard, I suspect the much of the polyp losses reported in any dip regimen are more due to water parameter shock than anything else - use water drawn from whatever tank they're used to (i.e. not freshly mixed as the instructions state) once your quarantine begins and you should be OK in that regard.

I was under the impression that palythoa were immune, but nowadays any large zoas are sold as palythoas so I guess you're better off doing the lot of 'em as Marquisio suggests.

how did you dose yours? or recommend? Separate tank? Also how man mg tablet to how many gallons?

Separate Tupperware container, used tank water, 20-30 minutes per dipping session. How big/many colonies are you having to do?

IIRC to treat 2 fist-sized rocks covered in several different kinds of zoas, I used one 250mg tablet's contents (they pull apart & you can dump the powdered medication into the holding container) in about 1 liter of used tank water. Had to stir it a LOT to get it to dissolve - if you can swing it a small nano powerhead wouldn't be a bad accessory to run during the mixing/dipping procedure.

Ouch. My condolences... I didn't have more than one or two polyps melt away when I did the cephalexin dips a couple years back. Then again I caught them quickly after they started pox'ing (the worst ones only had a couple of lesions) and didn't have that many different morphs to deal with.

after the 3x furan 2 dips seems its gone. i lost alot of zoas closed and melted but the others knock on wood look clean has been 3 days now.

Back