Zoa Pox???

wbholwell

Market
Reaction score
So my palys haven't opened up in a few days, and there are these small white dots all over them. At first I thought it was sediment. Is this zoa pox? If so, should I treat with Furan II?

Palys.jpg
alt="" />

FWIW, it doesn't really look like other pictures of zoa pox I've found on the net, like this one:

Zoapox.jpg
alt="" />

maybe nudi eggs hope not this stuf sucks good luck bryan hope things change if you need i have tropicmarin coral cure

I think I would have seen nudibranches by now, but thanks, Victor- I'll let you know if I need any coral cure.

Bryan, I had zoa pox but it didn't look like what your pictures show. It is more like a bunch of white pimples. Can you syphon them off? Or are they firmly attached? There is a zoa forum on Reef Central with a lot of knowledgeable people. I'd post there and ask what they think.

Thanks Bud and Doug. I'll try those places, and will share any information learned here.

That looks like nudi eggs more than zoapox which looks more like part of the zoa rather than on it. That said, you would have seen them by now if you had them probably. They can be awfully hard to find. My guess is you have some snail love going on and landing on your zoas but that is a pretty wild guess.

Back