Zoas won't open

That's true. Just hoping I don't come home to nothing. Don't think that will be the case based on others exp but being the first time dipping, little antsy.

demifelix;1003283 wrote: First of all...sorry for hijacking your thread Hui...

So I started dipping 1 frag of zoas this afternoon using 50/50 peroxide and tank water. This was my first time and so I did not know what to expect. The moment I put the frag in bubbles come out from around the frag and from inside 1 polyp itself. There are 5 polyps, 1 has been opened and 4 have not opened for a week now. The 1 open polyp closed up immediately and bubbles (string of bubbles) came out from that polyp. Is that normal observation? Or did something go wrong with that procedure? I left it there for 5 min and put it back in the tank. What do I expect to see next? Will it take a few days for the zoas to recover?

It sounds normal.
The open polyp possibly expelled liquid which bubbled from the solution. I've dipped many times with stronger, even straight peroxide trying to kill algae with no long term ill effects to corals. If it doesn't kill the algae you may need a second dip, manually removing algae by blowing with Baster or lightly brushing the frag plug with soft tooth brush around and/or in between Zoas.

Back