120 build in Alpharetta

delloman

Supporting
Reaction score
My name is Alex and I am building a new tank after leaving the hobby for 7 or so years it is a new RR that I got from pure reef it will be delivered Friday! I am going with a trigger systems platinum 34 sump looking forward to no filter socks! I plan to go full apex control including auto water changes and top off. I have some old duel 250w MH and Compact florescents lights from my old setup that I may use or get 2 skys time will tell lights are down the road. I have rock in a 55g trash can cooking already so that should help with the process. I am most likely getting a Regal 150INT Protein Skimmer and the Automatic Skimmer Cleaner that fits it. I am thinking about the VARIOS-6 for my return pump and 2 Tunze Nanostream 6055 for power heads. Will get pics Friday of the delivery.

Yesterday we had the windows in the living room tinted as the tank would get direct sun in the afternoons and we don't want that.

I will also be setting up 3 29 gallon QT tanks on an Amazon rolling rack I ordered to get the process started. Will get pics when the rest of the parts get here later this week.

If anyone wants to help on a build out let me know will also be setting up an RO and salt station for the QTs and the 120. Wish I was going bigger but it's what fits in my living room.

Worked all last night got the sump in and the apex hooked up just need pipe comes on Tuesday. I have 3 55 gallon tall skinny drums from uline that I am going to use for my RO and NSW. I have built full mixing stations for my past aquariums but with auto water changes using a Dos I am thinking about putting an RO float switch on each drum and using a powerhead to mix salt if I do a 10% change a week the drum will last. I also don't need to keep RO as the tank has an Ato.20210828_143740.jpg

What ideas do you have for the pile of wires? Great equipment selection!

I have cable management ties on order but from past experience don't do it untill everything is setup and working or you will end up pulling it all out when somthing dose not work. I also order short aquabus cables and the RO solenoid will be up as I ordered a mount for it. Do we have any apex programming experts? Would appreciate some help with it.

Last edited:
I am no expert, but I have used Apex since the Pro III, which dates how old I am lol. What are you looking to do?

Just have a second person look it over and help with the code make sure all the notifications work. Nothing crazy. Working on the hard pipe at the moment and remembering why it's a pain in the ass. Just finished my 2 drains hope they don't leek. Next is the return its 1in up to a T and then two 1/2in lock lines. Debating painting that back and the over flow box I just don't have any paint.

Thanks all the rock that's not Purple I had in my garage from my last tank 7 years ago so glad I had it as the hobby has made so much progress but the choice of rock is not one after having access to tonga and Fiji it was depressing looking at the rock selection at the fish stores now.

Just finished part one if my auto water change setup part B will add water on the Floor sensors and solenoid valve I may also plomb the tanks together as a mixing station but as I will only need to make salt every 2 weeks I can just move the dose line to the other drum. 20210911_155704.jpg

Back