linda lee

Market
Reaction score
Just Live Rock and (mostly) Live Sand.

Thanks to:

Chemically Balanced (Perry) for tank/stand
Bleedingthought (Thiago) for live sand
c9miles (Chad) for live rock
Seedless Reefer (Loren) for not killing me out of frustration as this was being assembled

............. and now it just sits 'n stews.

While we research and look for:

~ ~ ~ ~ lights
~ ~ ~ ~ skimmer
~ ~ ~ ~ livestock

>

........ and, thanks to our dogs, Roxmillion The Wonder Dog, Res-Q Pup, Tazzy & Aries

for donating the doghair attached to the filter's intake tube

Exactly what was needed something to cover the last 8 square feet not already covered by a tank.

By the way that is NOT dog hair attached to the filter. Nope. It is the fiberous remnants of my checkcard after being slid through the slot so many times in the past month.

Enjoy the tank. I'm on my way to the poor house. Cobb EMC will be cutting the lights Thursday and there is only one more bag of ramen in the pantry.

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: blue;">Loren W.</span></span>

She will have to sell a kidney first.....please stand by.

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><span style="color: blue;">Loren W.</span></span>

Aquaticco;60337 wrote: I have a used Aqua C Remora hang on the back skimmer if interested, send me a PM if so.

Reading about them now... thanks! PM a price.

(will you take Mac & Cheese and a few cans of corn in lieu of cash?)

:)

blind1993;60346 wrote: nice tank is that ur final aquascape.

No ~ ~ we just pretty much dropped the rock in piece by piece, as we looked for hitchhikers, bubble algae, etc., and that's how it fell.

This is my 13 year old's tank. He'll create his own thing, probably after we get a couple more large pieces of LR.

(fuge is also filled with LR)

I have 2 Aqua C Urchins (in sump) and they work great!

As for the aquascaping...I think you could dress it up and make a nice Michelangelo status (rated PG)!

flyingarmy;60497 wrote: I have 2 Aqua C Urchins (in sump) and they work great!

Your Urchin is in what size sump? Would love an in-sump skimmer if it could possibly be done to keep this tank uncluttered, but not sure it's possible. Sump is tiny on this set-up.

I have the Urchin Pro & Urchin. One is currently in my sump under my 30 Cube and the other was in my 20GAL sump on my 55GAL. You could definitely put the smaller Urchin in a 10GAL sump. They are good solid skimmers with nothing to break except for the pump!

Aquaticco;60365 wrote: I will sell the remora with it's 1200 pump for $75. It does have a small chip out of one of the corners. but it won't effect it's performance.

Doug

Thanks for the offer!! Would you sell without the pump? If so, what price? (I have a NIB 1200 already.)

Aquaticco;60551 wrote: Sorry, I don't want to break it up.

Doug

Guess I'll pass and continue to watch a couple of these on Ebay which are in the $50-$60 range. One is upgraded with a Mag pump and he's in Atlanta.

Good luck with yours. Thanks again for your offer.

~Linda

linda lee and i are in the same range lol maybe if we both buy one from the same person we will get a discount.

Aquaticco;60587 wrote: Good luck on Ebay. The one you are referring to has four days left in the auction.

Thanks for the offer.

Doug

Yep ~ I know. But this tank is going to be cycling for quite awhile, so there's no hurry. My son is researching several different options with several different brands; and since he's on a 13-yr old's budget (interpretation: "allowance"), he'll need to spend carefully. If none of these Aqua C's pan out, something else will come along.

Back