65g Bare Bottom reef build thread :)

ouling

Market
Reaction score
Ok here are a few pictures, glass isn't clean because i'm way too tired.

Tank 65g 48 X 18 X 17 Starphire 3 sides and rimeless. 1.5'' down and 1'' up bulkheads
Thanks to ChrisJet, StrongMan Allen (Sprayin70), and emotional support of Rit (reef1973) I was able to get this thing setup to the point it is now! YAY!!!

More pics on the way if anyone likes :)

second pic look funny don't it? Mirrors on the bottom.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
62009=4159-Picture 311.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
62009=4159-Picture 311.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 311.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
62009=4160-Picture 312.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
62009=4160-Picture 312.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Picture 312.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

dude this is going to look Soooo gooood, good luck man and hope to see this up and running with stuff inside soon!!

It looks sweet bro. Glad to help. Can't wait to see all those corals in it. LOL

And as I recall, you're not putting fish in here, right?

I saw first-hand how a mirror will stress fish... BIG time.

Nice..if I knew you needed help moving that tank, I would have been there! Anyways, very nice tank! Just curious why it doesn't have the overflows built in? Those 2 bulkhead fittings are big for the close loop..So just curious of what your plans are.

Ok I got some work done today.

Took off the closet door and hindges
Fixed the RO/DI with new membrane and new sediment and carbon filter
Plumbed the return and the overflow to the sump (downstairs)
Picture316.jpg
alt="" />

Like a white wedding dress, I chosed this as a veneer to cover up the imperfections. It is not enough to see through but just enough for the blue lights to glow as if i'm sitting at a beach front window.
Picture314.jpg
alt="" />
Picture322.jpg
alt="" />

The current lights are 2 400w but will upgrade to HQI, adding another 400 PAR. I stick to my maxim of 'You can never have too much light.'
Picture318.jpg
alt="" />

The desk infront of the tank prevents my hand getting inside. Also, it is a great way to keep me studying since I'll be sitting here alot more.
Picture321.jpg
alt="" />
Alot more to go!!! Need to do something about the back wall of the tank.

Hey man are you gonna use a T in the back with a drilled cap for the drain? Looking good so far. I would also throw some clamps on the fittings.

Yea I was then I duno why but forgot about it completely. I don't think there is enough water for this thing to gurp, becaues there will only be 600-700gph flowing down this 1.5'' pipe. If there is a problem then i'll just take care of it from there.

I see in the first pic you have a stand and next the tank is on a desk? Are you going to have it on the desk when it is set up?

its the illusion of tank being on the desk :) Tank is actually on a black stand if you look closely... Kinda feel like its floating in the pics.

Glass cages made the tank. they have some very good prices, I would say it's unbeatable.

Just painted it and applied some more mirrors on the wall to flect light. Filling it with water right now and i'm scared that the tank will bust or my floor will give out... Only been 12 days since the tank was made... OMG!!!!

looking good. just Pm me if you need some extra towels il send them via that UPS girl

only have 1 pic so far because the water is still not clear. Tank glass needs to be cleaned, and everything else needs to be put in order.

More pics and detail on the way. Been working and sweating for 4 hours and need to rest.

Picture327-1.jpg
alt="" />

Back