65g Bare Bottom reef build thread :)

Looking great!! Man, I wouldn't be able to get any studying done if that was in front of my desk.

I had the biggest problem with microbubbles even after installing an ultra elaborate bubble trap that James Bond couldn't even escape from. The barbed fitting was the culprit!

The external pump broke 2 days ago (little giant), the display tank had no chiller, and the AC in the house was not on for 10 hours, temp slipped into 90degrees, killed a few colonies, but everything is okay for now. I now use the Iwaki pump instead of the Gen-X and Little Giant.
Picture335.jpg
alt="" />

Temp in this tank is kept at 83.5-85 degrees.

Hard Core Ouling Style Bare Bottom with no fuge, macro algea, or a sand anywhere. This tank have only 20 lbs of live rock!!!!

Residents are fed home made meals once a day.

Lights are 400W X 2 of HQI MHI, at roughly 1000 Par at the very very top.

Lights are 3.5'' off the water thanks to my 1/4 HP chiller.

Mirrors on the bottom of the tank and on the back wall angled to reflect light back to the bottom 8'' of the tank without freaking out the fishies.

100 Gallon sump (only 40% filled) kept in garage, which stays very cool at night, that is when the the lights come on (10pm-8am). I use 1000CFM industrial fan to cool this thing; it evaps 7 gallons per hot day.

Large aggressive fish lives in the sump, I use their poop to feed the corals.

300g rated recirc fission skimmer, using a mag 9.5 as fission and a mag 3 to feed.

only 2800gph of flow in main 65 gallon tank, will add another 1200 gallon in a few days. Two of my Koralia 4s burned out after the water level dropped due to the failed external pump in the garage.
Picture334.jpg
alt="" />
Picture333.jpg
alt="" />

More pics when the heat stroked corals gets thrown away.
Picture334.jpg
></a>

Display tank have only 2 chromis. I will buy a few fish next week when I get some time, the restaurant has been crazy busy despite being the school shopping season.

Want to sell me some fish???????

That sucks bout the heat thing, installed my auto top off today!Workin pertty sweet it pieced together a kit for about 40 bucks and it is all elec with no drilling, tank lookin good ouling

Looks sweet... If your looking for fish I have a one eyed trouser trout you could put in there.

<span style="font-size: 13px;">Has 4 DI resin, 3 gets metals and 1 gets non metals such as phosphates.</span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;">3 resin are 100% submerged in water to provide complete water contact.</span>
<span style="font-size: 13px;">also there are 2 prefilters and 1 carbon block and 1 powder kind of carbon.</span>

<span style="font-size: 13px;">100 GPD, 9ppm tds reading with no DI resin (incoming water 65ppm)</span>
Picture337.jpg
alt="" />

Got tired of the 25gpd system which barely covers the evap on my tank.
This thing is so much better than the ones made special for reef tanks... Had to do some DIY tho

I get 0 tds on my 4 stage, why are you not getting 0 on that monster?

kzoo;68076 wrote: I get 0 tds on my 4 stage, why are you not getting 0 on that monster?

because that is the reading without the di resin so it would be 0 when he installs the 4 resin compartments right ouling

Oh darn it I forgot the reason for my post...The tank looks very purty and well if you have a couple of chromis schooling it will look so cool, well so much that I can't wait untill you get those other fish in and a NiCe picture to go with it.

I get a -1 reading with the 4 DI resins :)

Without the DI, the reading is 7-9, the quality of the incoming water varies every 5 mins.

chrisjet;67508 wrote: Looks sweet... If your looking for fish I have a one eyed trouser trout you could put in there.

Be kinda hard to see it.... I hear those fish shrink when they hit the water....

ouling not for nothing but have you thought of getting a new tds meter you should be reading 0 tds especially with 4 di i read zero on mine and so do alot of other people i know sam that doesnt even have a di reads 0 you should really look into it jmho

lol... it was a joke, mine reads Negative One.

Yea it reads zero on the TDS and carbonate Hardness meter. I do an 110v electric test, where I literally put a socket in there, with some rubber gloves and shoes; I get a voltage reading of 3, pretty good isn't it!

Back