90 gal build thread(pics)

dude im picky i did my rock work about 20 times in my nano and still not happy

Not bad but keep playing with it..it'll come together. Sometimes it's worth the time to pull it all out and start over.

things have cleared up a bit no more sand storm pics of the tank now
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
66759=4396-tank build day one 009.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
66759=4396-tank build day one 009.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 009.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
66759=4395-tank build day one 010.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
66759=4395-tank build day one 010.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 010.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

SJ Miller Guy;65580 wrote: I would think that flow is flow regardless of if it comes from your return, powerheads, or closed loop. I don't think there really is a difference from where the source is whether it's the sump or tank. I would think that filtered water from the sump would be better to return to the tank faster than slower.

But I'm sure someone with experience will chime in soon:up:

The turnover in your sump is fine at 5x the system volume. It can be faster if you choose to use your return pump to provide a large amount of the follow in the display tank but you have to keep in mind that some overflows can only handle x number of gallons per hour. Plus, if your sump also features a built in refugium, you want the water flowing through your refugium at a slower rate.

also ur skimmer pump will recirulate the water in the sump so count that in the flow of the sump. i think u count that.

anyone want to help me out with the aquascape i dont like the way it turned out we can sit back and enjoy some beers

these just came in today hope you like them
69176=4506-tank build day one 011.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
69176=4506-tank build day one 011.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 011.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
69176=4504-tank build day one 012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
69176=4504-tank build day one 012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 012.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
69176=4505-tank build day one 013.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
69176=4505-tank build day one 013.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 013.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

no but the tank is right next to the acand i have a coulple fans imma use im going to try my hardest not to use one plus its only a total of 500w ive seen people get buy with 800 and no chiller

im also getting a retro kit from sam 48 inch t5if i still have room ill add anoother kit

flaco626nj;66454 wrote: you want to help your rock work came out beautiful must have taken forever

I'd be in if I didn't live 4 hours from you.....that's a hellofa trip.

SJ Miller Guy;69212 wrote: I'd be in if I didn't live 4 hours from you.....that's a hellofa trip.
holy cow i didnt know you lived that far but thanks for te offer might do some aquascaping this weekend.................only thing i have to waite for now is the skimmer its still on back order so dont know when ill get it they offerd me my money back today im just gonna waite for a bet longer cause ill just end up getting something i didnt want .this skimmer better be worth the waite (d.a.s. ex1)

ok so i got the t5 retro kit on friday it has a workhorse 5 ballast 2 icecap reflectors and wireing and i am useing two actinic + for the bulbs i am still waiting on the bulbs for the hqi they are going to be ushio 20 k 250 watt i went with these cause they have a good par and the 20 looks more like a 14-15k if i have any more room in the canopy after i install everything imma see if i have room for one more t5 retro kit i will goo with the midday if thats the case

ok so i finished the canopy and putting the t5 retro kit in it now all i have to do is put in the mh in the canopy and we are good for buisness but i can put it on the tank cause no one here to help me lift the canopy on to the fish tank this thing is real heavy and my wife cant cause she is 8 months pregnantso she might give birth if she does but well the time you are all want to see the pics lol here you go
72786=4663-tank build day one 014.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
72786=4663-tank build day one 014.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 014.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
72786=4664-tank build day one 015.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
72786=4664-tank build day one 015.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 015.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
72786=4662-tank build day one 016.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
72786=4662-tank build day one 016.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="tank build day one 016.jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

brandon i think i can help you out with your t5 kit let me know cause last time i was att your house your tank was yellow lol

very nice..what ever you do..Dont' get an engineer goby, otherwise all that hard work into aquascaping will just slowly collapse from him engineering tunnels.

Yeah, let's see some of those canopy shots... Dennis is going to be building ours, and he's gonna need all the examples that he can get.

Back