90 gallon stock list..

dylan ringwood

Market
Reaction score
Ok so we are almost to the point to add to what I have from my 40.. so I currently have 2 clowns 1 watchman goby and a good ol chromis..
I'm thinking to add a Christmas wrasse or a wrasse of sort
Yellow tang or yellow eyed kole and a powder of some sort tang thinking brown?
And 2 orange anthias thoughts suggestions? Thanks! I'm looking for a good community full of color, calm and help out the tank a bit at the same time.

I have a pair of clowns, a starry blenny, melanurus wrasse and just added a one spot foxface to my 90g. I just added the foxface and feel it's a nice addition. I might add another smaller flasher or fairy wrasse to the tank eventually.

I had a kole tang in my tank for about 6mo but he turned into a real jerk. I've read on reefcentral a lot of people with 75/90g getting koles and them turning to jerks. IMO a yellow or powder brown or blue tang would get too large. A bristletooth tomini would be nice.

I think a christmas wrasse would work well. They do require sand to sleep in but like most Halichoeres species wrasses, it will most likely go after inverts.

Yeah I'm thinking of staying away from the kole. However I was going to buy 2 tangs on the smaller side so I can keep them for awhile before they outgrow. On the flip side I have a sand bed so any wrasse should be ok I reckon. Think rest of the list would be ok?

blue eye kole tang!! use a mirror to refocus aggression in the tank. so he can be a bully to itself it it gets aggressive. they stay fairly small also.

My Blue Eye Kole Tang is a model citizen. He doesn't bother anybody in the tank and he made the 4th tang to go along with 2 angels, 2 gobies, 3 clownfish, a melanurus wrasse, a copper banded butterfly and a starry blenny.

porpoiseaquatics;1061545 wrote: My Blue Eye Kole Tang is a model citizen. He doesn't bother anybody in the tank and he made the 4th tang to go along with 2 angels, 2 gobies, 3 clownfish, a melanurus wrasse, a copper banded butterfly and a starry blenny.

I think they can be fine in larger tanks. A 48x18 can get cramped for a tang IMO. Like I said, a lot of people on RC complained about theirs in 4ft tanks.

there are several wrasse that you could consider and most of them are model citizens. Personally, I love the wrasse family the most. You could also look at a yellow tang or a smaller blue tang, but if it were my tank, I'd go with 3-5 wrasse vs 1-2 tangs

that's funny, my kole tang hates my starry blenny, chases him into hiding all the time in my 110 gallon. He's fat and happy and has been there about 1.5 years. I just dropped in a yellow tang, sailfin tang, and blue tang and he definitely tried to push them around for a day or two but everyone seems cool now... except for the starry blenny hehe, he's still being hunted by the kole tang (theyve been together 1.5 years. Kole tang was a monster for cleaning up my hair algae issue. Though there's a thick wiry red algae that's taking over but the sailfin and the yellow seem to be hunting it down pretty good. Just need the sailfin to go after some bubble algae when he gets bigger.

Back