A few new fishies.

FutureInterest

Market
Reaction score
Flame wrasse female/submale. I got her a few weeks ago from Cap Bay. The males are even more stunning but I find that the female flames can hold their own against most male faeries due to their bright coloration.

flamewrasse.jpg
alt="" />

Potter's leopard wrasse. He eats PE mysis with relish but is still on Pacific time as he gets up around midday. Lazy wrasse... Anyways, I've been looking for this particular leopard wrasse for quite some time as they are by far the most striking and are easier to keep imo. I Love the bright blue spots :).

pottersleapordwrasse.jpg
alt="" />

WOW! Do you know if the potter's leopard wrass gets along with six lined wrasses

That leopard wrasse is really nice

I would love to get one. Are they all that color?

When you say easiest to car for, does that mean they are still a little difficult?

That is a really cool fish

Bass - The 6 line shouldn't bug this guy but I wouldn't be surprised if it did...

Fish - This is a male and is a lil more colorful than the females. Otherwise they're all this color. When I say difficult... its because all leopard wrasses are considered "expert only" as they have a high death rate. I think these leopards are easier to keep simply because they only come from hawaii. Hawaiian fish tend to be a lil healthier imo as they are net caught and don't have to be transported quite so many times. That being said, they most commonly die of starvation in home aquariums... So feed often. :)

Did you pick that leopard up from Optimum? I saw one in there Tuesday and if i didn't already have too many fish in my tank I would have snatch it up.

You got giant brass ones putting that leopard in with a 6 line. Maybe there is just so much going on.

You know me. There's no way I'd have a lined wrasse in with my fairies and flashers. From my limited understanding the lined wrasses seem to be less aggressive toward halichoeres and macropharyngdon wrasses. I've been wrong before though :).

FutureInterest;197000 wrote: You know me. There's no way I'd have a lined wrasse in with my fairies and flashers. From my limited understanding the lined wrasses seem to be less aggressive toward halichoeres and macropharyngdon wrasses. I've been wrong before though :).

if you dont see a lot of aggression immediately, im guessing you have the excpetion that disproves the rule. good find. i just recently got a 1" balck tang.

dawgdude;197005 wrote: Is it the long nose black? I saw one at Sal's and was really surprised at just how funny they look with that long nose. Very cool fish though.

yep. they only get that long nose as they mature. Hence the name Zebrasoma rostratum.

Very rare and equally as pricey I imagine. Your fish collection just keeps getting better. I must come check it out. :)

FutureInterest;197026 wrote: Very rare and equally as pricey I imagine. Your fish collection just keeps getting better. I must come check it out. :)

Yes and yes. And yes, come back out. My 20th sucks, but if you guys are gonna be around in the PM, you are more than welcome. Let me know.

Chemically_Balanced;196988 wrote: Did you pick that leopard up from Optimum? I saw one in there Tuesday and if i didn't already have too many fish in my tank I would have snatch it up.

Yah Perry that's where I got him. I've been checking in on them from time to time. They started eating PE readily so I took one home.

I've got 22 fish in an 84 gallon tank. I think you can squeeze in a few more :).

FutureInterest;197169 wrote: I've got 22 fish in an 84 gallon tank. I think you can squeeze in a few more :).

Na.........That just balances out the number of corals you have.

FutureInterest;197169 wrote: Yah Perry that's where I got him. I've been checking in on them from time to time. They started eating PE readily so I took one home.

I've got 22 fish in an 84 gallon tank. I think you can squeeze in a few more :).

pshhh. Thats nothing. You need mass.

Back