about some leds

eric3carlsoc

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying 3 of the chinses leds for my 155 gallon aquarium that is 72 by 24 by 24
MR120 LED Aquarium Light Dimmable Full Spectrum
Fixture dimensions: 16" x 8.50" x 2.75"
LED Counts: 55x 3W LEDs
16x 10000K, 6x6500K, 27x Actinic 460nm, 2x Green 520nm, 4x Red 660nm
5000 Lumen
2x Power switches
2x Dimming adjustment knobs
2x 5ft power cords
3x Built-In cooling fans
90 degree lens
110V - 220V

what i want to know is will it grow my sps corals and will 3 be enough on my tank size any one tried them and are they good

I was thinking about getting the kessil a360w but there to expensive around 340 per light and i would need 3 over my tank what should i do trying to not spend more then 350 for good leds to put over my tank

here is the misconception with light, watts is just a base guide line for light but that is just the amount of power that the lights consume, what you want is the facts, par and color wave length is what make the big difference.
but not to make a big deal of it, it all depends on your stock and what looks good to you might not be what looks good to your corals.
here is a short cut to fined good lights..........look at the specs. on high end led lights and just match as much as you can to cheaper fixtures and you should be fine.
whit 3 fixtures you would have to use 120 degree lens to get the spread on a 72" tank and then you lose the punch on deep, 90 degree lens gives you the punch, then you would need 4 fixtures.
following thread........

Back