Acan dieing. Plz help

millersteve383

Market
Reaction score
Well I just bought a nice healthy scan frag last week and it is bleaching and looks bad! My water specs are. Salinity. 1.025. Ammonia nitrate nitrite zero. Phosphates 0. Calcium 450. I am running LEDs for eight hours a day with reef breeders blues at 30 and whites on level 3. Does anybody have any suggestions?
ed099a21550b99a39d9e80d1a444502f.jpg
alt="" />

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what type of lighting they were under prior to your purchase?
From the photo, it does look as though the acans getting the most light are the worst off.
If it isn't light stronger lighting, could it possibly be getting hit with direct flow to that area or something stinging it? I don't see anything close that looks like a threat however, I just had a Favia sting Blasto's that were about 3" away!

I bought them from Atlanta aquarium in Duluth from Rick. I do believe that my light is strong. I have it over a 28 g nano cube. I will shorten the light cycle and set them in the sand by theirselves. Can these recover if it was too much light? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like there's even a little shade there to the right of that rock, I would put them under the shade for a day or two and bring them out slowly to help them recover. It's hard to say whether they will will recover or not, a little feeding will help if any of their tissue comes back out.
It's surprising that you have light stronger than Rit at AA. I am not familiar with your lights but to reduce the par, time duration or raise them up a bit are all possibilities that may help in the future.
GL

Back