Ace's peacock mantis

fish1344

Market
Reaction score
So Chris dropped this gorgeous girl off to us on Friday and mentioned that she hasn't been fed in a couple of days. She didn't eat Saturday or Sunday morning. Came home Sunday night and looks like she's molted. I must have been bugging the crap out of her by dropping in some tank mates for her to eat. I just figured she wasn't interested in food because of the move. Reckon she'll be ok? I just got done reading some threads about NOT screwing with a peacock the day she molts.

She wont eat bc her smashers havent hardened enough to smash prey best to leave her alone for a few days as they are most vulnerable right after a molt. Molting is a good sign though bc she was due to molt soon. They do not have to be fed regularly like fish, once every week or two is fine. More often is better if you want her to grow but def. not required.

Good to hear. We've been gone for about eight hours. The reason I thought she had molted was she was eating something when I walked in. I looked carefully and it was a some sort of piece of her, you could see the red and the peacock end. I didn't see the entire shell though. Is she still getting ready to molt, did she not molt and just started to chow down on some injured appendage, or had she already eaten or hidden the shell I would expect to see? I thought I could see some pieces back in her cave, but can't be sure and don't want to disturb her.

Thanks for the feeding tip. I realized that she wouldn't eat that often , so dropped a couple of snails in and tried a krill on a feeding stick, but that was it. Does she have any favorites?

They eat there molts actually lol so all is normal. Crayfish are always fun to watch her destroy and pest crabs lol she loves thawed out frozen krill but i like feeding her live stuff bc it keeps he wild instincts intact.

She must've been hungry because most of it's gone! Just a few scattered pieces here and there. Crawfish.... awesome.

Thanks again!

Back