Acro Tulip polyp

Jdadams

Market
Reaction score
Anyone every experienced this on their acros? Got a new blue stag chunk that had a few puffy spots and the tissue was soft. I snipped those branches it was on and hoping it heals and it doesn’t return.

Huh. It isn't anything I've ever seen that I'm aware of. I had to google tulip-polyp syndrome to even know what the heck you were talking about. It's been talked about some in other forums but I've never heard of it. In fact, I'm not so sure I would even think something was wrong if I saw it. The pictures posted as example look like weirf coral growth but there's still good color and a lot of the pics show polyp extension. Guess it's just another thing for me to worry about.

Huh. It isn't anything I've ever seen that I'm aware of. I had to google tulip-polyp syndrome to even know what the heck you were talking about. It's been talked about some in other forums but I've never heard of it. In fact, I'm not so sure I would even think something was wrong if I saw it. The pictures posted as example look like weirf coral growth but there's still good color and a lot of the pics show polyp extension. Guess it's just another thing for me to worry about.
Yea I’ve read a few other forums talking about it. I guess the conclusion is it’s bacterial and to cut the branches effected and hope for the best. A few different theories on what causes it and it apparently can spread. I wouldn’t have noticed it either till I went to actually glue the frag down and felt the tips of a couple branches were soft. I got full PE so maybe in a week or 2 I’ll either see growth or death. Fingers crossed

Back