Acro vs cyphastrea

gclackum

Supporting
Reaction score
Going to be a battle. Seams that maybe frontline skirmish taking place as I write. I have a very pretty acro type unknown and a lovely cyphastrea which are both well established and I glued too close. It appears that the acro may loose based on my reading. So I would like to transplant. So should I just break a frag off and glue it to a plug. Or let the battle rage and hope they will sign a treaty prior to complete annihilation

I would relocate the acro but thats me, just seems easier than letting them duke it out.

dball711;1090586 wrote: I would relocate the acro but thats me, just seems easier than letting them duke it out.
+1

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

agreed id move the acro as well. especially if its not encrusted yet. but if it is encrusted brake it off at the base and move it and then watch the battle of the leftover acro vs. cyphastrea. and heck who knows you might even end up with part of the acro base surviving and creating another branch that you could frag and sell before the cyphastrea grows closer to it

Large polyp stony corals usually pack a bigger wallop in the sting department vs sps. But you can always fall back on the notion that the less expensive will beat the more. ;)

Here you go. Phone Pic
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1091049=68224-image.jpg
>
1091049=68224-image.jpg
class="gc-images" title="image.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Yup that acro will not survive if left there, pop the plug off and scrub the cyphastria off the side of the plug and youre good to go.

Back