Acrylic Resealing?

We can definitely apply pressure to the pieces that are being welded. rdnelson said he's got a few 3' and 4' clamps which we can use. In my mind, that will be the first step - leaving the pieces clamped for a bit. Then, after it sets, if it's not sturdy or shows signs of weakness, we'll apply the patch... or maybe we'll just do the patch anyway - need to see how it looks.

If aesthetics don't matter, do the patch anyways. It's easier to do the patch from the beginning, than draining the tank, drying it, and cleaning it again to do it later.

that's why I never said to use it like silicone. I would do both. an over lay. then bond the outer sides to the tank walls.

We'll see what happens. Aesthetics do matter a little - I mean - I don't want it looking like crap but I do understand it won't look like brand new. Rich and I will work with it and figure out what's going to work best.

As for draining it, drying it, etc - I have an air compressor that I can use to dry it out if need be - that's not a problem at all. I'm going to call Rich later this week and we're going to set up a time to knock it out. I'm pretty stoked.

Ripped Tide;722891 wrote: Good luck! What part of cumming are you in? I grew up there.

really... I have family that live close to Mary Alice beach and McFarland rd.

As insurance, we can cut the pieces for the overlay while we wait on the seem to set up. You can take them home with you and if you decide later to do the overlay you will have pre-cut pieces and the weldon. Or, if you prefer, we can do the overlay from the start. I agree the surest fix is the overlay but sometimes it is easy to over think things. (of course, I have a habit of under thinking things). LOL

@Ripped: I'm actually a little South of Cumming in between Exit 12 and Exit 13 on 400. I'm about 10 minutes from Mary Alice which, when the lake is high enough, is where I put my boat in.

@Rich: that sounds great. Again, thanks a ton for the help :)

Not a problem at all. I love doing this kind of stuff. I just can't afford the materials like I want. LOL Isn't that always the case?

Back