Aestheticlibra's (Aon's) Aqua Adventure Awaits!

Shawn

Market
Reaction score
So my gamer handle is Aon. I should have used that on these forums... Too late now!

Anyway. I've been dabbling. Until tonight.... Here begins a new adventure!
So below we have an 8'x2'x16" frag tank with stealth overflow. This thing is AWESOME. 3/4" acrylic. I just gotta build the stand.
C42C2947-1148-4D2E-9EEB-42FEAAFD2BC3.jpeg

Here you see a 6' sump that I'll be putting under said frag tank.... And my "kitchen" which is more like a mad scientist's den. And I need to clean. But whatever.
338E47CF-B4EF-43BD-8FA4-2361EA8B88BE.jpeg

So. This coming week I'm on vacation. And by vacation I mean setting up these massive beasts. Which is going to be oh so fun. My first build thread! Here we go! :D

Looks like it’s going to be quite an adventure...
Oh. haha. It literally takes up an entire wall of my living area. And I'm so friggin excited to get this thing running. 50lbs of citric acid on the way to clean everything. Only thing I don't have on hand right this second is a holding bin for all my current corals to go in (as the current tank is taking up half the room needed for this new build) and the t5 retrokits to make my own hanging light fixture. This thing is going to be such beast mode I can't even even.

So. I scooted my passenger seat all the way forward. Put the rear seats down, and got it as far in as I could. About 2' hung out the back. So I strapped that baby in with three ratcheting straps and drove it home. It's too long to go in my apartment door and into my apartment, so I lifted it up and put it through my living room window. All covered with blankets of course to keep it from getting scratched. AND! I did it all by myself :D

So. I scooted my passenger seat all the way forward. Put the rear seats down, and got it as far in as I could. About 2' hung out the back. So I strapped that baby in with three ratcheting straps and drove it home. It's too long to go in my apartment door and into my apartment, so I lifted it up and put it through my living room window. All covered with blankets of course to keep it from getting scratched. AND! I did it all by myself :D
I hoisted a 90gallon through a second story apartment balcony in the middle of the night one time but I had accomplices..I mean help . Well over the NO aquarium of any size "rule" maximum size .

Good job

so whats the plan with it? straight frag/grow out system? dt? really like that sump! wish i had the space for something like this myself!

Wow!

Alright. So. 98" x 27"x 36" stand mostly built. Made of 2x6s, but I'm thinking I should add a center brace... Good God. Also, got some cord organization done. Tomorrow will be adding plywood to top and bottom and starting to plumb. Fun. CEF70109-20A0-40E2-AE87-24D0ADD4D826.jpegD9485277-7722-4B49-8DCB-A19DB215E800.jpeg

I didn’t realize before that the picture earlier in the thread is your sump standing on end. It looks massive! Nice job on the stand, looks really sturdy.

I didn’t realize before that the picture earlier in the thread is your sump standing on end. It looks massive! Nice job on the stand, looks really sturdy.
Oh yeah. It's 6'x22"x16". It's massive. The tank is 8'x2'x15". The stand, after doing some research, SHOULD support the tank without a center brace. I'll have to keep an eye on it and add a brace if I notice any bowing. Of course I should probably go ahead and brace it just to be safe... sigh. Decisions!

SHOULD sure is a rough word to use when it comes to a tank that size. I guess the question is, how long will things hold if you notice any bowing? I think you'd be fine as-is but you gotta sleep at night.

Alright. So. 98" x 27"x 36" stand mostly built. Made of 2x6s, but I'm thinking I should add a center brace... Good God. Also, got some cord organization done. Tomorrow will be adding plywood to top and bottom and starting to plumb. Fun. View attachment 18018View attachment 18019
Yes you should add a center brace. I think a good rule of thumb is every 4 feet or so.

Back