Alkalinity Check Please - I-75 and Canton Rd

outdrsyguy1

Market
Reaction score
Anyone live near 75/canton road exit (sprayberry/pope highschool area) that has a trusted alkalinity test? I tested mine this morning with red sea pro test kit (probably 6 months old or so) and it was 8.4. Went to LFS today and they tested it at 10.0 using an api test. I don't really believe theirs but I have to be sure. I've used mine for a while and I'm pretty certain it's right, but can't sleep well until i'm sure :(

So if there's anyone near by that has a reliable alkalinity test I'd sure appreciate it if I could stop by.

Thanks!
Rusty

Not a huge fan of the Red Sea kits but up against API I would sure trust it over the LFS. Don't know that I would trust much an LFS says or does if they are using API.

Do they make a standards Kit for Red Sea? If they do its easy to check your test kit for accuracy. I use a hanna meter and its about $40 on amazon and takes about 90 seconds to check alkalinity. Sorry it doesn't help you out now. But, if you would like to bring a sample over, Ill be more than happy to check it for you.

I wish they made standards tests to check your kits accuracy from time to time. Would be sweet for sure. Thanks for the offer, i don't think i'll be on that side of town anytime soon though. It is amazing how far it is to get to fellow reefers in the atlanta area. I swear, 75% of the people I want to go meet/get frags are in flowery branch or further for me lol.

I have to take my son to a birthday party in kennesaw at the train museum, I might just be able to do that! I'll PM you

outdrsyguy1;984854 wrote: I wish they made standards tests to check your kits accuracy from time to time. Would be sweet for sure. Thanks for the offer, i don't think i'll be on that side of town anytime soon though. It is amazing how far it is to get to fellow reefers in the atlanta area. I swear, 75% of the people I want to go meet/get frags are in flowery branch or further for me lol.

Seachem does. All of their tests come with a reference solution with a known value so you can check the accuracy of the test (and your method.)

That's what I would recommend - pick up a Seachem test, and you will KNOW.

Jenn

my redsea pro kit and my hanna checker are .1-.2 different. I can live with that.

Back