All inverts are dying... What should I do?

What did you test and what were the results?
Did you check PH, Alk and Calcium?

AliKat;104263 wrote: Oops, should have said this has happened over the past couple of days, and all of the water params are fine, even ammonia.

Really strange.

Dakota9;104267 wrote: Stand bare foot beside the tank and stick your finger in the tank, see if its because of a sever voltage leak.

I know this sounds like a joke, but didn't mean for it to

Make sure you give your family Dakota's name and address so when they need to sue him for telling you how to kill yourself, they have all the information they need! :tongue:

Don't have a pH test, but alk is 12, nitrites/ammonia/phosphates 0, nitrates 20.

I suggest getting a PH test tomorrow and checking. Get a calcium test too.

In fact, take a water sample with you to the LFS...if the PH is low, you'll want to pick up some buffer to bring it inline.

I had some snails dye when I first started my tank and I'm convinced it was because my PH was really low.

I thought I read that pH was connected to alk? That if alk is okay, pH is okay?

Forgot to mention that calcium is at 350.

Man if pH is the problem, I'm going to be so PO'ed because I have a buffer.

ph can be a problem if its like at 7.3 for exaple but anywere between 7.8-8.5 is ok as long as it is stable and not bouncing from one to the other believe me i have been doing alot of research on ph cause mine is at 7.8 and i was beginig to get scared but seems to be ok cause it doesnt change that much between night and day.yes it will be higher at day time than night

Smells like a temp problem. Could be pH but rapid death usually means something quick changed. As the weather recently swung cold I am going with a heater malfunction.

Could be pH, but pH usually doesn't drop so fast as to cause an issue like this that quickly.

Back