All my fish are dead

Sounds like rich is considering a breakdown. Not sure how I feel about that yet. Dismantled rock and got eel out safe and sound. He's at blue planet now. Gotta hit keen this weekend for flatworm exit. If we're in town that is.

JessPete;346965 wrote: Sounds like rich is considering a breakdown. Not sure how I feel about that yet. Dismantled rock and got eel out safe and sound. He's at blue planet now. Gotta hit keen this weekend for flatworm exit. If we're in town that is.

Is this like Chapter 7 breakdown? Or Chapter 11? :D I hope the latter...

Sorry.....trying to type all this up on iPhone. Not likely temp was the biggest issue, just stuck with me cause the low temp was the first thing I noticed with my arm in the tank. Probably a combo of stuff. Maybe one fish kicked it first and "poisoned" already stressed fish. Eel could have survived low oxygen and ammonia by climbing in overflow. Blenny in fray tank is fine. Rich's plane just landed. We'll see how he feels.

Sorry to hear about your loss - all of my fish except for two chromis died during the snowstorm a few weeks ago. I lost a powder brown tang that I had had for 12 yrs, a pair of blue throat triggers, red flame hawk, a large derasa clam (14 inches), a golden dwarf moray, a couple of yellow tangs and several clownfish. Couldn't do anything about it other than I used it to totally redo my tank including major aquascaping Still stings about the loss but pretty happy with the new aquascaping which I probably would have put off. That also included removing a deep sand bed in my display. Just try and not think about the cost! that is what is depressing. Interestingly, other than the clam, I did not lose any inverts - my blue carpet and LTA are doing nicely. The new aquascaping also allowed me to turn my blue carpet around where it was facing the front of the tank

I'm really sorry. If there's anything a noob without a bunch of livestock can do let me know. :blush:

I really appreciate all the offers of coral, but I didn't lose much coral. Just a few pretty big pieces of sps. The biggest one was that HUGE blue milli I just got from Hanin for fifty bucks. That one really gripes my arse.

Rich says we're not breaking down, but he wants to chill before adding fish. Well, duh, me too, until the cycle is done!

I don't think I can stand to sit there and stare at it empty.

Thinking.... some sort of fairy wrasse, I loved seeing all of Barb's pretty wrasses, I need to find out which ones and how many she has. It's a bunch, and I'd like to have more than one.

Might go sailfin tang instead of yellow tang.

Diamond goby instead of dragon.

What are some other fun swimmies?

I need to know more about the copperband first. Do they coral nip, hard to get eating, etc?

I'm gonna try to keep most of the fish under one hundred.

stickx911;346850 wrote: sorry to hear. I always fear taking vacation thinking I'll come home to a dead system...

I am about to take one... though my parents will still be home. :) luckily no power outages in the 9+ years I have been at my home. though, that could come bite me in the arse lol

Jess, sorry to hear that, that suxs big time... Why didn't you ask me to go check on your place, I would have in a heart beat, especially for all you have done for me.

And jess, if rich even mentions he want a break down.... let me at him lol

We had a Copperband a while back in our old 90G tank..

He ate Ok, but the tangs picked on him like crazy and we found him one morning stuck in some rock, like he was trying to hide.

I'd love to get another in our bigger tank we are setting up, but I couldn't stand to lose two. :(

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, we've had it happen as well. Just have to start up again. Allows for changes you wouldn't be able to make before.

Good luck!

Tyler

JessPete;347057 wrote: I need to know more about the copperband first. Do they coral nip, hard to get eating, etc?

I'm gonna try to keep most of the fish under one hundred.

I would make sure what ever CBB you get that it is eating when you get it ...i only have a few softies but mine dosnt touch them ....very nice!, but many people have problems with them ....for $50 id say its worth its to try IMO

atreyu917;347042 wrote: Hey Jess, I'm so sorry for this loss. That is extremely sickening and sad. I can't even imagine. As for suggestions on livestock, you should definitely get some of Bobz's clowns. He's got some Maroons he's also raising. I love mine that I just got from him. They're perfect.

I have a tri color frag I just bought from Rit. If you'd like I can give you that and the Chili coral back? I don't have a lot to offer though, I'm sorry!

You can't leave the hobby!!!! I would be so upset.

She will be fine in the coral department. All she needs is a raffle ticket :D

Sorry to hear. Get it back in order and get your power-outage contigency in action!

Once you are ready I can give you a very good starter pack to get you back on your feet.

I think we're going to invest in a couple of those pumps that Jenn mentioned and maybe set up the system that was mentioned in the other thread. Something besides just heat happened, what with the frag tank being fine. Might have even been a coincidence that he power went out. Dunno.

At least I get to pick out all new fish. I just hate the stress of wondering if the new fish we buy will survive! We had a pretty stable crew in there.

Back