Almost Nuke your tank = good polyp extension

derek_s

Market
Reaction score
So last night I was installing and testing a new higher GPH ATO pump that runs through my Kalk reactor, and didnt notice the power was on as I fiddled with it.

Turns out I pumped enough kalc into the tank to make it super cloudy, like milk. Well, I observed the PH monitor since there was little else I could do, and luckily it only peaked at 8.28, about .1 point higher than average.

The strange thing is that today I have polyp extension like never before. And I expected some RTN or something. Strange.

My advice? For best results nuke your tank.

check your alk. high alk levels will cause extra polyp fluff, but can also cause burns to tips.

Derek_S;276100 wrote: Turns out I pumped enough kalc into the tank to make it super cloudy, like milk. Well, I observed the PH monitor since there was little else I could do, and luckily it only peaked at 8.28, about .1 point higher than average.

Man, you are lucky dude! You sure that pH probe is still working! :D

Bob

Good idea. I keep my alk lower (7-8) so hopefull that gave me some buffer. We will see in the long run.

Bob, I just calibrated it maybe 1 week ago, so I hope you are right as well.

I guess there was much less in there than I thought. It just looked cloudy, but I got lucky. I took a pic, will see if I can post it.

Theres a big difference in being cloudy from clacium percipitation and being cloudy from kalk overdose. If it wre from kalk overdose, the pH would be like 10. So I think the gods of reefs were on your side.

Did it look anything like my tank when I got home today?

IMG00017.jpg
alt="" />

I f'n give up.

Back