Alternative to Orphek Azurelite

ringo®

Market
Reaction score
When I first saw Orphek Azurelite, I thought it would be pretty cool to check out what's going on in the tank after lights out or for feeding my LPS in nocturnal "feed mode". When I saw they were asking ~$50 for it, I quickly decided it wasn't that cool.

Browsing around the web last week I saw the Ultrafire Q5. Powered by 1 royal blue led, adjustable beam spread and 3 different lighting modes (low, high and strobe......strobe probably won't be too handy unless you have fish that are into taking recreational psychedelics). I thought this would be a pretty good alternative to the higher priced Orphek. Best part.......it's about 5 bucks.

sku_375719_1.jpg
alt="" />

wouldn't this disturb the fish? I was under the impression that you want to use Red, not Blue, for this kind of thing... I could be completely wrong. Either way, cool product if it works.

On the low setting with the beam set wide, it's about the same as a single moonlight led. Nothing in any of my tanks seemed to mind.

I picked up an Azure light from Pure Reef for $25, but $5 is a better deal...

It was on their discount shelf, the one by the cash register. Think there were a few others, but it has been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, did it work? Did it cause thermonuclear meltdown? Are you dead?

Skriz;1038818 wrote: So, did it work? Did it cause thermonuclear meltdown? Are you dead?

It did give off high levels of gamma rays. On the good side, I now have x-ray vision. On the bad side, I also know that Raj wears womens underwear.

Ringo®;1038821 wrote: It did give off high levels of gamma rays. On the good side, I now have x-ray vision. On the bad side, I also know that Raj wears womens underwear.

That was supposed to be our secret :unsure:

Skriz;1038973 wrote: That was supposed to be our secret :unsure:

**** these loose lips! Sorry, Raj. I'll still try really hard not to let word get out about heading up the Bieber fan club. Your secrets are safe with me!

I believe that the brand Ultrafire it's just a gimmick, I have the same light shape and it has a 7w cree led with optic, this thing it doesn't have strobe function just the adjustable focus but I believe I had paid less than 7 bucks for it, good for the savings over an "ultraexpensivefire"(talking about the ones at Bass Pro... store)
38f7db999af830901c35f672fdcf91fa.jpg
alt="" />
66dc0259e1efde99f95ad692dbc4281e.jpg
alt="" />

I was at Pure Reef today, they have a bunch of Orphek Azurelite's left for sale for $25. Probably 10-20 left at that price. Some on the discount shelf, others behind the counter.

Back