Anemone in a mixed reef

hiimsean

Supporting
Reaction score
Since I'm about to add my second clown I am really considering adding an anemone to my 90g tank. The last attempt I found my GBTA in the middle of a zoa colony so I decided it wasn't time in a smaller tank. Again I'm worried about a BTA wondering around and stinging different corals. Do you guys have any tips or tricks you suggest to adding one or two. My tank wil pretty well mixed with zoas, LPS and SPS. I've even contemplated forcing most corals and doing mainly an anemone tank. Thoughts?

I put both mine (the rocks) downstairs in my timeout 75 gallon tank after deciding to one day visit all corners of the tank and sting a bunch of expensive corals. I definitely regret adding them.

I have the same tank (apparently) that Big D does. I have one nem that stays put and one that roams constantly. In my 90g, I had one that stayed where I put him and never ever moved. Based on my experiences over the last year and a half, and what I've read here, seems like a crapshoot.

I have 3 RBTA and 1 GBTA in my 180. Once they found the spot where flow and food was adequate, they've not moved....that's been about 6 months ago. When my GBTA was moving, he didn't harm anything....just kept walking until he found his "spot". I think the key to keeping them in a location is to feed them. As long as they know they'll be fed....they'll stay...at least mine has.

Back