Anenome Attaching??

vettesarebest

Market
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Purple Tip SeaBay Anenome from Marine Fish. I have two large (large female, tiny male) maroon clowns that will not leave the thing alone. I have put some rocks around it so it will not float away and hoping it attaches.

Well this is not the case. It hasent attached yet after i believe a 4 days. Is this bad and what can i do to get it to attach.

Any advice would be appriciated.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
12382=859-Babies seabay clown december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
12382=859-Babies seabay clown december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="Babies seabay clown december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a>
12382=860-The babies december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
>
12382=860-The babies december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
class="gc-images" title="The babies december 2006.JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

nothing, just leave it be, it'll attactch when it feels ready too. Just make sure that your powerhead inlets are covered, anemones like to roam around the tank a lot and will find themselfs caught in them, trust me, I know.

I wanted that anemone when I saw it Marine Fish. They are very beautiful. If it doesn't attach with in the next week, you may want to consider removing the clownfish until it settles.

aahha AJ you have to be quick when it comes to these things. lol yeah they wont leave the dang thing alone. they would hate me forever if i took them out. I dont have anywhere to put them. One of the sides of the anenome is kind of attached but not the foot it is the actual disk. I didnt know the discs could attach.

If its anything like my bubble tip....it never stays in one place too long. Just give it time and like everyone has said make sure your inlets on your powerheads are covered. I had a urchin sucked to death on one of mine a few weeks ago. Nothing worse than cleaning entrails out of a powerhead, still makes me sad to think about it.:sad:

yeah i had a nudibranh have that happen. not good. my powerheads are high up. So i would see the anenome before it went all the way up there. Well i do have one near the sand so i need to cover that one up. Do the maxi jets come with pre filters?? or where can i get one. I dont remember if they came with the prefilters.

I'm not sure what you mean by prefilter, but they do have a few intake screens to keep things out of the inlet, that are included in the Maxi-Jets.

yeah those are garbage, a wandering anemone will get sucked up into it, trust me. The only way to protect them from powerheads is to get some filter pads, and cut a lil square and stick it on, I've deal with all kinds of PH's and ways to not have anemones get stuck in them. Seeing as I could care less about what color pad is on my PH's, I always buy the AC foam pads
lg_51939_38047.jpg
>http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/large/May04/lg_51939_38047.jpg</a>
these are great at not only protecting fish and anemones from getting sucked in, but if there is any sand or what not getting kicked up it'll protect the guts of the PH as well, and they are cheap ;)

i appriciate it good to know yeah that little screen crap wouldnt do anything lol. i think ill do that. I turned off my powerheads today to see if it would attach because it was kinda getting blown around from them and the clowns.. Yeha it will keep sand out of there caause my clown likes to a a sweeping job all the time and re arrange the sand. It gets all over my darn maxima!!! lol

Hopefully it gets it's foot attached to the rock in the next few day. Did you dig a small ditch between the rock and sand to help the anemone attach?

sure did. I also turned off my powerheads today to see if it will stay in place and it has so im hoping it will. I will let you guys know.

Maroons15 wrote: yeah i had a nudibranh have that happen. not good. my powerheads are high up. So i would see the anenome before it went all the way up there. Well i do have one near the sand so i need to cover that one up. Do the maxi jets come with pre filters?? or where can i get one. I dont remember if they came with the prefilters.

Hey Maroon15, I just picked up and excellent tip from WetWebMedia site. If you can't find your filter for the intake just stick a bioball to it! The suction will keep it there and it will act as a filter/strainer to keep the inhabitants out of the powerhead! Hope that helps!:up:

Man all of you guys have great idea's like the cutting of the filter pad and the bioball great thanks guys!!!!!

I love the bioball idea too. I may try that with one of my maxijets. My BTA loves powerheads

this darn anenome will still not attach!!!!!!!!!!! should i be worried now after a week?? it is getting anoying.:yawn: . please anymore suggestions on getting her/it to attach. The foot of it is starting to look like really fleshy and kinda like its dying but i dont think it is. Other than that its really healthy.

nah its nothing to worry about. If anything its prolly annoyed that the clowns wont leave it alone. I'ld say cover it with a large tupperware in an area where you'ld like it to attach, ganted it will move around, but at least the clowns wont bother it while its attaching, and once its on a rock, remove the tupperware and be done with it.

Back