Angel fish behavior...help

willie1983

Market
Reaction score
I have a koren angel ive had for a year or so, now he's changing from a juvenile but he has been rubbing on the sand and laying under a rock sideways along with my sailfin tang and my hippo tang is this type of behavior normal?
Fowler tank
My prams
Ammonia-o
Nitrates 5.0
Ph-8.2
Sal-1.021
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
996533=57505-1416093668645.jpg
>
996533=57505-1416093668645.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1416093668645.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

LSU_fishFan;996549 wrote: Sounds like they might be getting ick

Ok I've been observing them for whitespots.I have not saw any I haven't had and major temp swings and i feed mysis and nori and nls pellets

No it's not normal. Other than signs of disease, are there any signs of aggression from the tangs?

Koran Angels get really large, and they aren't coral safe either (I don't see any corals in the pic so I'm guessing it's a FOWLR tank?)

I'd keep a close eye, something is not right there.

Jenn

JennM;996629 wrote: No it's not normal. Other than signs of disease, are there any signs of aggression from the tangs?

Koransget really large, and they aren't coral safe either (I don't see any corals in the pic so I'm guessing it's a FOWLR tank?)

I'd keep a close eye, something is not right there.

Jenn

No jenn it's a fowler tank and neither tangs are not picking on him and I don't see any obvious signs other than the rubbing is there anything i can do now? Thanks for responding jenn

How long have all the fish been in the tank? Any new acquisitions?

It's unusual for established tanks/fishes to suddenly get sick without it either having been brought in by a new fish, or some kind of stressful event taking place.

The symptom of scratching along doesn't tell us enough.

Is it only the angel that's doing it, or are the tangs doing it too?

Are they eating well?

Any physical symptoms at all, other than the scratching? Spots, redness, slimy/velvety look, anything?

Jenn

JennM;996676 wrote: How long have all the fish been in the tank? Any new actangisitions?

It's unusual for established tankpiece of rockishes to suddenly get sick without it either having been brought in by a new fish, or some kind of stressful event taking place.

The symptom of scratching along doesn't tell us enough.

Is it only the angel that's doing it, or are the tangs doing it too?

Are they eating well?

Any physical symptoms at all, other than the scratching? Spots, redness, slimy/velvety look, anything?

Jenn

The angel is doing it the most but I have seen my sailfin tang and my hippo tang doing it from time to time but on the
I also saw my sailfin tang on top of the angel under the same rock, all fish are eating well with no signs of spots etc
but the angel is changing color

same piece of rock I also saw the sailfin tang on top of the angel

Here's a cellphone picture
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
996682=57519-1416174009664.jpg
>
996682=57519-1416174009664.jpg
class="gc-images" title="1416174009664.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

Sailfin on top of angel sounds like aggression to me. Hard to say for sure without seeing it in action but it wouldn't surprise me if the sailfin was picking on the angel.

I had a Koran back in the 80s, during his colour change (before, during and after, I had him about 3 years or so). That shouldn't cause it any odd behavior or illness.

You didn't answer any of my other questions...

Jenn

JennM;996689 wrote: Sailfin on top of angel sounds like aggression to me. Hard to say for sure without seeing it in action but it wouldn't surprise me if the sailfin was picking on the angel.

I had a Koran back in the 80s, during his colour change (before, during and after, I had him about 3 years or so). That shouldn't cause it any odd behavior or illness.

You didn't answer any of my other questions...

Jenn

Im sorry all of the fish have been in here around 1year or more the only new addition is a melarurus wrasse i added him around three weeks ago i haven't saw him picking on any one

Well, it may have been carrying a parasite.

Not sure what to advise you since we aren't sure what you're up against.

JennM;996786 wrote: Well, it may have been carrying a parasite.

Not sure what to advise you since we aren't sure what you're up against.

Ok I'll watch them closely and I'll feed them with food soaked in metro and focus everyday until is that good?

Back