Any idea what I have here- tang eye issue

Reefkeep

Supporting
Reaction score
The eye has been an issue for weeks, I believe he scratched himself or the purple tang worked him over. It seems to be getting worse. Prior to today he has been an aggressive eater. The cleaner shrimp and wrasse are trying to help but not sure that’s enough. I’m standing up a hospital tank as I type but looking for feedback on diagnosis and treatment.

Attachments

• D08BD6BE-3CD5-42C7-A869-CDEA6008DE3D.jpeg
    D08BD6BE-3CD5-42C7-A869-CDEA6008DE3D.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 19
Hard to tell with the blue but are the white specs on it or the glass?

It's likely fungal.

No, the white is on the fish, also on my purple tang, ick I’m fairly certain. The eye is the unknown for me.

I recently just gave some away that I had laying around. There is a product called safety stop. It is a two step dip process. One dip of formalin and one dip of methylin blue. I would hit the fish with that once pulled from the tank. If your aren't going to pull everything and go fallow a full ich treatment like TTM is probably a waste but the formalin and methylin should clean up existing infections to a degree and be a good starting point to begin treating with General Cure and Fin and Body from API. GC should help keep the ich of and Fin and Body, by wheher or not it works, will let you know if the eye is bacterial or Fungal.

I dose every 4 days its like a antibiotic in the tank. You never know when coral or fish get sick. But i guess for me its a piece of mind. It seems to work for me. But all systems are different

Back