Any tips for catching a maroon clown??

ericmcj31;300383 wrote: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/lpski1/Misc%20Gifs/worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif" alt="" />[/QUOTE]
lol i dont think they are ready for any pics on this side i think thats only for the dark side...lol

Throw an empty fish trap in so all the fish get used to it being there.

Then starve the tank for a few days and then throw food in the trap.

Linda actually did this with a trap I borrowed from a member and at one point every fish was in the trap together.

Gotta be quick.

I switch all my lights on rather quickly and caught most all my fish .They seemed shocked, blinded or both.

Seedless Reefer;300444 wrote: Throw an empty fish trap in so all the fish get used to it being there.

Then starve the tank for a few days and then throw food in the trap.

Linda actually did this with a trap I borrowed from a member and at one point every fish was in the trap together.

Gotta be quick.

seems like that would work-

ericmcj31;300321 wrote: ^^^title says it all^^^ I have a mean arse maroon clown in my 135 and wanted to catch him w/o having to break my tank all apart.

At night, put a bright light on the maroon. This will blind it. Then take the net and grab it.:thumbs:

Does your clown have a nem? If he is like mine the nem is like crack. I put a net just above the nem. The maroon could not stand it and jumped in the nem. Scooped him up, done deal.

I have used the light method several times with success, as long as the fihs doesnt sleep in the rocks.

I threw a comforter over my tank to get it really dark in the tank, and left it for a couple hours first...

he's never bitten me-it'd be worth it--hell my niger trigger and huma huma used to bite me all the time-a maroon couldn't be worse-

Mine chased my hand into a net. If you piss them off a little they'll chase ur hand around like no tomr.

OK here was the scenario:

I started to establish a harem of Hawaiian Flame Wrasses and my original six line was not attacking, but stalking the Flames I had already put in the tank. I knew what was coming as he got bigger, so I decided to remove him from the tank. I tried netting him, didn't work. His sleeping place was inaccessible. I made the homemade trap from the 2 liter coke bottle, the six-line would wait outside the trap for another fish to get caught and stir up the food. The six-line would wait for the food to drift out and he would eat it. I got one of the plexiglass cylinder traps with the slider door that you bait on one end. He didn't go into it at all.

Then after all this failure, I thought to myself, what does a six-line wrasse hate more than anything else int he fish world? Answer: another six line.

So I got in touch with Tim at Keen Reef and asked to borrow a six line as bait. I got a small rectangular shaped plexiglass container and drilled a bunch of holes in it for water circulation and placed the bait six-line in there, then placed the bait six-line in the plexiglass container in the cylinder trap. Within an hour my six-line went into the trap to harass the bait six-line and I caught him.

Took the bait six-line and my six-line and gave them to Tim. Problem solved. No fish hurt. Worked like a charm.

Back