Any tips for catching a maroon clown??

jgilley84;300649 wrote: you know where i can get the trap you were talking about

This is the best price I saw on the internet. $27 here. $37 at Marine Depot. Same product.

URP10103.html

i believe i have one of those, if i do i can bring it to the meeting for whoever needs to borrow it

Best way I've found is to just bite the bullet and lower the water. It's easy to do with a maxijet with a hose attached and a rubbermaid tote to collect the water. You lower the water quickly by pumping it into the tote, nab your fish, then immediately take the pump out of the tank, put it into the tote and refil the tank.

It doesn't hurt your rocks to be exposed for that brief a period of time --happens in nature all the time with low tides.

I used this method to capture a school of 7 anthias and it took me all of 15 minutes.

Linda Lee;301196 wrote: Best way I've found is to just bite the bullet and lower the water. It's easy to do with a maxijet with a hose attached and a rubbermaid tote to collect the water. You lower the water quickly by pumping it into the tote, nab your fish, then immediately take the pump out of the tank, put it into the tote and refil the tank.

It doesn't hurt your rocks to be exposed for that brief a period of time --happens in nature all the time with low tides.

I used this method to capture a school of 7 anthias and it took me all of 15 minutes.

Hehehe! Try that when you get your 180 set up!:D I caught mine out of a 210 with 400# of live rock!

I'm picturing my mean arse maroon clown laughing at me from the back side of all my rocks.

mine's cool as hell-but he chased my false perc. around to the point of him jumping out of the tank and I discovered him like a week later behind the tank; luckily (for me) he didn't even stink-just a dried up body

hey buddy, i found this in my stuff if you'd like to borrow it. ive never used it so not sure exactly how to set it up, but here it is...

trap1.jpg
alt="" />

Back