Anyone switch from Vortechs to the Jebao WP series?

It's not over priced that much. You gotta pay to play. I'll be much more likely to support American made just because it's a rarity that you find these days.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree on buying american made for sure. I bought two mp40s but then sold them 6-8 months later. Didnt like the noise nor the price for what u got.

Edit: They are obviously good pumps no debate there. Just noy worth the $ in my op

I'm sure they will have to evolve since they actually have competition now.my mp10 is quiet but could probably see where two 40s could be loud.

I know and possible it's all Chinese parts. At least a few guys are being able to put food on the table

indecloudzua;927985 wrote: I know and possible it's all Chinese parts. At least a few guys are being able to put food on the table

For how much more they cost someone is doing more than putting food on the table.

indecloudzua;927985 wrote: I know and possible it's all Chinese parts. At least a few guys are being able to put food on the table

I'm just skipping the middle man to pay off Americas' dept.

I heard great things about the jeabo pumps and for the price even if it only lasts a year I think its a better option than an MP. I do have an mp10 and enjoy it. The noise level is a bit ridiculous but it works great. Also the price could be a bit cheaper but what can you do. I am ordering a wp25 this week so time will tell.

For a 90 gallon tank mixed reef. Would you go with 2 40s or 2 25s . I've got 4 h1400's in now so I've got plenty of flow. I like the idea of having a more random pattern and eventually hooking to a controller when I get one.

Mikesmith34;928198 wrote: For a 90 gallon tank mixed reef. Would you go with 2 40s or 2 25s . I've got 4 h1400's in now so I've got plenty of flow. I like the idea of having a more random pattern and eventually hooking to a controller when I get one.

I would go with 2 25s or one of each. Saw a 25 in person yesterday on a frag tank and that thing pumps! I am getting one to replace two of my sicce powerheads in my 90. have an mp10 on the other side and a 1350gph knock off ebay power head.

Mikesmith34;928198 wrote: For a 90 gallon tank mixed reef. Would you go with 2 40s or 2 25s . I've got 4 h1400's in now so I've got plenty of flow. I like the idea of having a more random pattern and eventually hooking to a controller when I get one.

2 25s are plenty. That's what I have on my 90g and moves a lot of water. I have a mp10 also but turn off one wp at night.

I would think two wp 25s. I have a hard time adjusting my two 25s to not blow sand and make my lps look like they are in a hurricane. I have one in pulse mode and the other turned down with an led dimmer. I love the pumps only bad thing I can say is if I place the other in pulse mode it will stop within 10 minutes even after cleaning, but in other settings it keeps trucking. How do others configure two of these in a 75/90?

Jrwhite07;928216 wrote: I would think two wp 25s. I have a hard time adjusting my two 25s to not blow sand and make my lps look like they are in a hurricane. I have one in pulse mode and the other turned down with an led dimmer. I love the pumps only bad thing I can say is if I place the other in pulse mode it will stop within 10 minutes even after cleaning, but in other settings it keeps trucking. How do others configure two of these in a 75/90?

good to know, anyone know where the best place to get these are?

Theres a guy in Atlanta that sells on eBay. I order from him for fast shipping(I live in Columbus). You may could contact him and purchase locally I'm not sure.

I am glad there are high flow pump options for people in different price ranges now, but sometimes I think we are comparing apples to oranges when we get into these Ecotech vs Jeboa or Tunze vs Jeboa, etc.

Now, if all you are comparing or care about is price, then my points may be moot here, but there are several key differences in the pumps.

Jeboa has all the electrics in the pump and it is in the water, power cord coming out of the water, and the resulting heat and possible electric shock issues. It is not hard to put a motor on a propeller and move water. Companies have been doing it for decades. Tunze, Marineland, Danner, etc.

Try doing that with a mass marketed pump/powerhead through glass of differing thicknesses, while eliminating all chance of electric shock from the product and all heat transfer to the tank water. Really an achievement. Also, at the same time, achieve flow rates in the thousands of gallons an hour with a much lower in-tank profile than either Tunze or Jeboa alike. Those pumps look like grapefruits in the tank compared to the EcoTech. In addition, throw in all the wireless programmability, and flexibility to coordinate with Radion fixtures and Reeflink (early this year) and all the other controllers EcoTech has in the pipeline, and you have pumps that will integrate into a total tank control system.

Have a different company develop a product that does it like Ecotech did and you have a true comparison, not just flow rates. I doubt anyone could make a pump that does all the EcoTech does at a cheap price point. I did not base my buying choice on cost alone, but because of the above features. I have MP40s that have been in continuous service for 5 years straight, only requiring a yearly soak. If there is a weak point in the EcoTech pumps, it is the power supplies, not the pumps themselves. People run Tunze pumps for 10+ years without issues as well.

Noise. Another apples to oranges comparison. The motor part of the Vortech is outside in open air, and it is a variable RPM pump, how are you not going to get some noise? The Tunze and Jebao pumps are totally in the water, so of course they will be quieter. IME Vortechs are not noisy at a stable RPM, but they make a whir when they are in their programing cycle changing RPM rates. That is just part of their nature. It goes with the design feature of no in-tank electrics and no heat transfer. Unavoidable because of the product design itself.

The only complaint regarding the Jebaos I have is their choice of name for the pump, about as close to MP40 as you can get without being totally plagiaristic. I don't think it does the Jebao company any good either. Like calling a Rolex a Folex, it only reinforces the cheapness of the price of the product, but not in a good way. I think they could have come up with a better name for the range instead of taking the easy way out like they did.

I really consider the Jebao line closer to the Tunze line of pumps versus the Vortech line, regarding technology and design similarities and comparable features.

Acroholic;928244 wrote:
I really consider the Jebao line closer to the Tunze line of pumps versus the Vortech line, regarding technology and design similarities and comparable features.

Completely agree. Those are the only 2 where a comparison is relevant.

Ringo®;928245 wrote: Completely agree. Those are the only 2 where a comparison is relevant.

^^^^^ +1 of what he said.

Wannabee

P.S. Acroholic; Could you PM me the annual process cleaning you do on your MP40s? What solution ratio do you use? Do you keep spare in-tank assemblies readily available for easy swap?

His name is jebao-USA on ebay and says laganville/ atlanta. But he doesn't currently have any listings.

Back