Apex problem

hnguyen

Market
Reaction score
Hey guys, my apex is acting up and worst of all im out of town until tomorrow. Yesterday while on the road I checked my app and it wasn't retrieving info from my apex so I thought it was a power outage. I texted my neighbor and he said power was still on so I had him come over to check on the tank and the display unit was on. Heaters and skimmer was all working except for my lights. My Ethernet switch that I have my apex hooked up to was on and everything seems to work fine. Just no remote access and no lights. So I had him power cycle my eb8 and everything came on like it was suppose to and I was able to access my apex from my phone again. Well this morning it happened again. So I had a friend as well as my neighbor come over to check up on it and couldn't find anything wrong. All my breakers were on and nothing has tripped. Only difference today is my heaters were stuck on even though its hooked up to the apex. I Programed it to shut off at 77.5 but temp was at 78.5 today when they checked on it. So I had them power cycle the apex once again and everything started working again. I have no idea why the apex is doing this and its just my T5 lights that aren't working. I'm running firmware version 4.20. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem? Any help would be appropriated. Thanks

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

Mine did the same last night to this morning. Restarted it thrice and it's back to normal.

As they say on the apex forum for any problems... Is your software up to date?

If it is, un mount all modules then remount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too weird. Mine did the same thing Friday. I still cannot access the app from my phone only hard wired to my laptop.

I'm wondering if this is a software problem all around? What version are you guys running?

I came down to check on the tank Friday afternoon and the lights were out. So I checked further and my ca reactor solenoid, heater and other items were not working. I rebooted and everything seemed fine except I could not connect through my apps or pc interface. Later I pulled the power to reboot again and my base unit started to smoke. Mine is dead now. Going to send to Apex Monday. The unit is the middle of my fish room and other near any water.

FWIW mine connects just fine over the iPhone app. Mine is a Jr though.

IU_Gary;942684 wrote: I came down to check on the tank Friday afternoon and the lights were out. So I checked further and my ca reactor solenoid, heater and other items were not working. I rebooted and everything seemed fine except I could not connect through my apps or pc interface. Later I pulled the power to reboot again and my base unit started to smoke. Mine is dead now. Going to send to Apex Monday. The unit is the middle of my fish room and other near any water.

that's scary. I guess I'll have to play with it tomorrow.

I have not had 1 issue with my apex for the 2 years it's been running but it looks like 3 of us at least had some issue where the programming was not executing correctly on the same day. That's very odd. Need to research more on RC and other Apex forums.

Gary

Let us know what you find out. I won't be able to do much until I get back in town. I can't do much research on my phone and I don't even have my laptop with me. This sucks.

I have a constant reoccurring issue of losing remote phone access EVERY TIME I go out of town. It's always fixed once someone power cycles it but it's something I've just grown to accept. I've taken several measures to remedy the problem but I've just come to accept that my APEX is just like everything else in this hobby. Very temperamental, delicate, reliably unreliable, expensive, and on the verge of death and catastrophic loss for everything you are trying to keep alive.

I should stick to much safer and more predictable things like skiing the East Wall at A-Basin.
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
943025=52499-20140305_134106.jpg
>
943025=52499-20140305_134106.jpg
class="gc-images" title="20140305_134106.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

I restarted it last night and was able to connect. Today its not connecting again. Its running everything fine so I'm thinking its my wireless adapter.

I too used to think it was my wireless adapter causing the issues. (That's what the boys at Neptune said it probably was.) So, I went to the trouble of running hard wire line to it. Same problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

My apex is also hardwired to an Ethernet switch which is connected to my router and hardwired to my modem. I think its more of a firmware problem then anything else. It had no sense to me when everything else connected to the apex is working except for my T5 lights. My temp was within the safe zone so it wouldn't shut off my lights due to heat. Heck it never even came on to begin with. All the while I had no remote access to the apex.

IIRC many folks on the neptune forums were experiencing the same issue. Do you have any of the fusion stuff enabled even if you aren't in the beta? If so I'd try turning all of it off for now. My Apex Jr has been rock solid in that regard for 2.5 years now. If I ever lost remote connectivity it was always a dynamic dns issue.

Now my new one was flaky last night. Would update firmware but not the web pages. Had to boot into Windows at it worked fine. I think their Mac app was the culprit more so than the Apex itself.

Well I went and borrowed a head unit from Simon Krueger and he loaded my configuration. Came home and plugged it up and now I have Outlets from my configuration and standard outlets his is a nightmare.

Gary

LOL That's the biggest PITA about getting a used unit, the old code. There is a way to reset everything but I forget how.

If you log into the apex form your web browser, there should be an option for you to reset everything under config.

You can do it from the head unit as well. Init. memory from the system menu

From what I've been reading on Neptune's forum, it appears to be a 4.20 issue. A lot of people are updating to 4.31 and it seems to resolving the issues. My wife just called and said my moonlights are still on so I'll be updating as soon as I get home.

Back