Athens/Winder area Reefers?

Sure...I like zoas! I have a lot already, but there are plenty of colors that I don't have. I like any kinds of softies or LPS. Crustaceans or a macro algae other than chaeto would be good, or I'm also looking for true crabs (not hermits) to feed my mantis shrimp. I'm really open to whatever!!! :) Except, I don't really need any colt, kenya tree, or xenia.

Had a great time guys! It was good to meet some fellow reefers, put faces to names, and get to know each other. Looking forward to another get-together.

Dawgdude, thanks for the zoas. Let me know how that leather works out for you. I feel kinda bad. It was a small frag...feel like I got the better end of the deal. Let me know if you're looking for anything else. I have some things that could be fragged, but I'm afraid to do it..lol.

Clovis, hope those mushrooms are to your liking. If you have any problems with them or want more, let me know. I've got more, and I have some other varieties.

Thank you so much for the mushrooms Ms. K! They look great and are perfect additions to my new tank. It was great to meet you, as well as everyone else. I look forward to another get together soon!

dawgdude wrote: Haha dont worry about it Ms. K. Have they opened up ok yet? Oh you didnt make it to the fragging meeting did you, want to say you were sick or something. Just let me know if you need help fragging something, I was sitting up front and got a great view of all the slicing and dicing. Ive got most of the stuff you need to frag things so I would be glad to come help ya with doing it if you arent comfortable. And thanks so much to everyone who came. Haha it was fun having so many people looking at bag of green cheato and wondering if we were dealing drugs or something.

No way, dude! Now that they're open, I KNOW that you got ripped. I have plenty of zoa colonies, some galaxea, and some pavona which could probably all be fragged, but they're on large rocks and I worry about fragging them. Maybe one day, I'll offer you a frag of your choice to help me frag some of my colonies. It'll be a while though, since I'm about to move my tank yet again! I'll need to let things settle down again.

Glad you like the mushrooms, M. I have some brown with blue/green spots (not splotches) as well and some greeen striped shrooms. Would be happy to give you some at the next meeting if you want.

Hi all that attended our little Athens area gathering, and sorry for those that couldn't make it (maybe next time).

We had a little over a dozen folks and I think all had a good time. And even with the small group, we did quite a bit of trading...

Sorry I had to leave early, Next time I'll hang for the duration. It was great meeting everyone. Looking forward to doing it again.

Speaking of which... I had planned to host the next one at my house (My wife enjoyed meeting all of you, and also informed me that I talk way too loud :)

I have a little farm about a mile from where we met (FATZ) I have room to spread out and park up to a dozen or more folks. I think a cookout was mentioned, and that suits me fine :thumbs:

I had planned on waiting 3 or 4 months, but am willing to do so sooner if everyone wants. I'd like to wait at least a month or so, so that we can get (probably) nice weather. Maybe the middle or end of April. That will let us have a couple of ARC meetings between then an now.

In addition to frags and macros, I will be glad to set up a temporary tank (aged of course) and maybe we can all bring some live sand or rubble and do a little biodiversity enhancement. That is legal, Right?:shades:

For anyone that is also interested in hooved critters, my wife has a beautiful Apoloosa that she loves to show to friends (the horse is wonderful with kids too).

Anyway, I will let this thread go and start another one to see when every one might be interested again.

Regards,

Johnny

PS If anyone wants to launch one sooner, be my guest...

Back