Atlanta area Stores

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions as to a place in the area to buy quality livestock at reasonable prices? I went to a few places yesterday and was not impressed. I never realized how lucky I was to have been within driving distance of The Hidden Reef until now.

Michael

I agree totally.

Both Cap Bay and Marine Fish are where I go for things.

Also, both are sponsors and have ARC discounts.

I am not in ATL but I agree they are both good stores, if he visited them and was underimpressed, I guess we should all plan a trip to the hidden Reef.

Where exactly is this Oasis of saltwater located?

Used to be in Pennsylvania but it was closed because of a fire, it should be reopening soon. I was always able to find nice corals there that I couldn't find anywhere else and at much lower prices than I'd find for the stuff regularly stocked at other stores.

a>

I'll take a trip to Marine fish tomorrow. I haven't been there yet. By the way I'm not in Atlanta I'm in Sugar Hill.

miktrav wrote: Anyone have any suggestions as to a place in the area to buy quality livestock at reasonable prices? I went to a few places yesterday and was not impressed. I never realized how lucky I was to have been within driving distance of The Hidden Reef until now.

Michael

What part of town you in?:lol2:

miktrav wrote: I'll take a trip to Marine fish tomorrow. I haven't been there yet. By the way I'm not in Atlanta I'm in Sugar Hill.

Where is Sugar Hill? If your going to Marine Fish, you may as well go to Capp. Bay also, they are just a few minutes apart.:thumbs:

Also, I will say this. "The Hidden Reef" has a LOAD full of overhead... It looked like a fish walmart in the drygood section...

I really like Opitmum Aquarium. Really nice people that seem to actually care about your set-up and what will work with it.

Just got back from Marine Fish. All I can say is, " Wow!". They had everything I knew I wanted and a few things I didn't until I saw it there. I still need to get a Rose Bubble tip but one of the guys at the store took my number and said they'd call me as soon as they got them in.

I highly recommend this place. The staff was friendly, seemed knowledgeable, and when I chose a coral that needed targeted feeding they pointed it out. Plus this place has a much better layout than The Hidden Reef :) . Even my wife liked this place, which is a major endorsement from her.

:up:
miktrav wrote: Just got back from Marine Fish. All I can say is, " Wow!". They had everything I knew I wanted and a few things I didn't until I saw it there. I still need to get a Rose Bubble tip but one of the guys at the store took my number and said they'd call me as soon as they got them in.

I highly recommend this place. The staff was friendly, seemed knowledgeable, and when I chose a coral that needed targeted feeding they pointed it out. Plus this place has a much better layout than The Hidden Reef :) . Even my wife liked this place, which is a major endorsement from her.

Yeah Marine Fish is great.:up:

I was in Cap Bay earlier this week and they were loaded with rose bubble anmonies that looked great. Just FYI. There coral selection is by far the best I have seen in metro Atl.

Back