ATO advice

matlet

Supporting
Reaction score
Hi,

I've researched through old posts regarding recommendations on ATO vendors. While researching online, I came across the "Smart ATO Automatic Top Off System" from CoralVue. Any experience with this ATO? It's not the cheapest at approximately $150, but it is less than the Tunze and seems very simple in design. It uses optical sensor.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I have used the hydor smart i like it alot better than my jbj. my jbj would always pump acess water and flood my sump.

Becoming a Tunze follower....

Unless I change my mind and use the Apex for ATO too... Not sure yet if I want to trust all to the controller... I might...

I vote Tunze, but my ReefKeeper Lite float switches have worked for several years now without too many problems.

I have a Tunze that I just installed on my 120 based on all the recommendations I got when researching units. It works well and was easy to install but I am still wondering if one of the more economic ATO units couldn't have done the job just as well.

Michael

franciscosalazar;966433 wrote: Know why?

I thought it was creating a back siphon but it wasent i re plumbed it 4 times. I would hear the pump click on which means the head unit was Turing it on.

If you dont have a controller check out reef keeper lite. im using that as a ato right now and its perfect no flaws yet

I'm running a jbj ato with a reservoir holding enough water for three days which is just enough to keep my tank from flooding if it did fail in the on position.

franciscosalazar;966837 wrote: I'm running a jbj ato with a reservoir holding enough water for three days which is just enough to keep my tank from flooding if it did fail in the on position.

Same here i have a tall sump with low baffles. so mine didn't flood but filled up and made my salinity off. luckily cycling and was no live stock lol. I just didnt like the jbj many reasons. the float switches felt cheap and wasent much to them. and then it failing on a every other day basis. i canned it. Very happy with the reef keeper im using now.

Back