awesome led tank

Oh btw I never meant to imply that you had a box full of high dollar corals. I know how cheap you are.:) I just don't like the ones that are crammed so full of so called collector frags that it looks like it belongs in a store instead of a supposedly reef tank.

grouper therapy;1073961 wrote: Oh btw I never meant to imply that you had a box full of high dollar corals. I know how cheap you are.:) I just don't like the ones that are crammed so full of so called collector frags that it looks like it belongs in a store instead of a supposedly reef tank.

Agree.
I'm not a fan of the perpetual frag tank

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

grouper therapy;1073960 wrote: And that is a valid point. I think the colonies in the tank above are exactly what a tank that size needs. <span style="color: Red">In a much smaller tank the smaller colonies look better</span>, I hope so I have a 45 gallon now:D.

I would agree that colony size is relative to tank size in determining what "small" is. What do you consider small? A baseball, softball, basketball?

The tort pictured was larger than a cantaloupe. The milli not fully pictured larger than a dinner plate. The stag to it's left was so large that I had to break the colony just to remove it from the tank since it was eurobraced. It was over 2' wide at its widest point. The RD was a volleyball at it's largest. They were in a 4x2x2 tank as you know. Very crammed it was, at its peak.

We all create, scape, and grow our tanks to match our own personal preferences. I strive to attain growth patterns found in the wild. Uber high flow is required to attain that with most SPS. Especially acros. I used four MP40's and a 1700gph return pump to attain this in a little 120g. Some called it overkill, I called it just right. I am about to attempt it on a larger scale. I'm just the type that either tries to do it "right" or not do it at all. Right for me is different than right for you, or others. I respect and cherish the little living organisms I put in my tank, and strive to deliver them an environment they will thrive in, like they would in the wild. I fail more often than I succeed...

I'm about quality over quantity. Achieving both is difficult. I applaud anyone who tries.

Seth The Wine Guy;1074102 wrote: I would agree that colony size is relative to tank size in determining what "small" is. What do you consider small? A baseball, softball, basketball?

The tort pictured was larger than a cantaloupe. The milli not fully pictured larger than a dinner plate. The stag to it's left was so large that I had to break the colony just to remove it from the tank since it was eurobraced. It was over 2' wide at its widest point. The RD was a volleyball at it's largest. They were in a 4x2x2 tank as you know. Very crammed it was, at its peak.

We all create, scape, and grow our tanks to match our own personal preferences. I strive to attain growth patterns found in the wild. Uber high flow is required to attain that with most SPS. Especially acros. I used four MP40's and a 1700gph return pump to attain this in a little 120g. Some called it overkill, I called it just right. I am about to attempt it on a larger scale. I'm just the type that either tries to do it "right" or not do it at all. Right for me is different than right for you, or others. I respect and cherish the little living organisms I put in my tank, and strive to deliver them an environment they will thrive in, like they would in the wild. I fail more often than I succeed...

I'm about quality over quantity. Achieving both is difficult. I applaud anyone who tries.

Nothing wrong with that either except there are growth patterns in the wild that are not like yours so to say your is "the" growth pattern found in the wild is inaccurate. I have personally seen both in the wild. So a more accurate statement would be. I strive to attain one of the growth patterns found in the wild.
Really doesn't matter though you are entitled to your opinion . It's just that, an opinion.

Back