Axolotl

jdavid

Market
Reaction score
I saw this funny little creature at a fish store the other day. It's a salamander that (usually) never undergoes metamorphosis. I have been thinking about getting one, and the more I read about them the more I want one. Apparently they can regenerate vital organs, brain tissue, whole limbs, etc. pretty cool, huh?

Anybody have any experience with these critters?

Here's a google stock image
axolotl1-1.jpg
alt="" />

They are AWESOME. Haha they have great little personalitys and aren't that hard to care for. I would put one in probably a 20L. I haven't had one in a while but they are really neat. There is actually a scientist ( actually a group of them ) working with these animals on trying to figure out how they can regenarate their body and possibly figure how to make other animals do the same.

Jeremy at SEA Atlanta has had a couple for awhile in small rimless tank on the counter.

JC_k;970862 wrote: They are AWESOME. Haha they have great little personalitys and aren't that hard to care for. I would put one in probably a 20L. I haven't had one in a while but they are really neat. There is actually a scientist ( actually a group of them ) working with these animals on trying to figure out how they can regenarate their body and possibly figure how to make other animals do the same.
For what I have been reading about the studies about this amazing creatures, is not just investigating them for caring of another animal's, its as well investigating about them for having cure for people with terminal illness, internal organs diseases and such.

Back