back and gold chromis

marienboy

Market
Reaction score
i just bought 2 and i was wondering are they easy to care for and do they go through the cycle well

images
alt="" />

These?

They are on p. 270 of Scott Michael's Marine Fishes book. Aka Behn's Damselfish.

They grow to 5.1" and they are in the "destined for drabness" section. They are pretty juveniles but get drab as they mature.

They are really a damsel, not a chromis, but they are often labeled that way. Assume they will grow into damsel attitude.

Jenn

So you decided to cycle with fish anyway?
Since they're a damsel they'll probably make it but it won't exactly be pleasant for them. :sad:

Two stressed Damsels in a cycling tank doesn't sound like it will leave much opportunity for success.

As many have tried to inform you in your past threads... cycling with fish = bad. You need to be patient and go about things correctly instead of adding fish already. You will end up costing yourself money and killing or at least damaging fish. Do you understand the Nitrogen cycle?

marienboy;366075 wrote: i just bought 2 and i was wondering are they easy to care for and do they go through the cycle well

No offense, but you're asking this question after the fact. You should have asked before you added the fish and then you would have learned that cycling with fish is not the best idea. You might be OK, but next time ask, then learn, then learn some more, then act!:D You're in the right place, just going a little out of the right "order".

marienboy;366080 wrote: what do u mean

You've been given loads of good, sound advice on getting started. You've had links posted for you.

You have ignored every bit of advice you've been given here... advice you asked for. Why did you ask?

texhorns98;366084 wrote: No offense, but you're asking this question after the fact. You should have asked before you added the fish and then you would have learned that cycling with fish is not the best idea. You might be OK, but next time ask, then learn, then learn some more, then act!:D You're in the right place, just going a little out of the right "order".

Not exactly the case. He did ask first, and ignored all of it.

cr500_af;366085 wrote: you've been given loads of good, sound advice on getting started. You've had links posted for you.

You have ignored every bit of advice you've been given here... Advice you asked for. Why did you ask?

+1000

cr500_af;366085 wrote: You've been given loads of good, sound advice on getting started. You've had links posted for you.

You have ignored every bit of advice you've been given here... advice you asked for. Why did you ask?

Having watched this user's posts, I'm fairly certain this is a banned user just messin' with ARC members.

They did not come here to learn.

tokejr;366099 wrote: Having watched this user's posts, I'm fairly certain this is a banned user just messin' with ARC members.

They did not come here to learn.

Hmmm... interesting. You may be right. IP trace anyone? Join date isn't too recent, though.

At any rate, whether true or not, you are spot-on on your last sentence.

If this is someone's idea of "messing with us" it's really pretty pathetic. If it's NOT, then I welcome the newbie to LEARN! We all started somewhere, some more open to advice than others.

Are you getting this advice from your local store? Some will sell anything and some will give you sound advice to further the health of your livestock and your enjoyment of the hobby. The latter of the 2 will also make you 1)spend your money at the honest store and 2)tell others of your positive experiences there and others will spend money.
YOU do have to ask questions though. Take the free advice on here. We all speak from the mistakes and good fortunes of each other

Surprise, surprise. The website fails and the number goes to a fax machine. Ignore list time.

<span style="color: #008000">http://www.jungleexoticpets.com">www.[B]jungle[/B]exoticpets.com</a></span>

(229) 928-2390

Google is my friend.

Back